Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
Wm9265
Wm9265 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Sub Library

Is there any way to create sub libraries?

As in I click on Non fiction...then a screen comes up with a list of my non fiction libraries (Self help....history...DIY)...etc

Wm9265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:31 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm9265 View Post
Is there any way to create sub libraries?

As in I click on Non fiction...then a screen comes up with a list of my non fiction libraries (Self help....history...DIY)...etc

They are called Virtual Libraries (VL)
But, just maybe... The Tag browser (on left when open. The Luggage tag icon in the lower corner, to open)

Tags are a common way to assign categories and Key words used for searches and VL's..

You use the Metadata Editor (MDE), by selecting a book, and tapping 'E".
Tags are comma separated entries and are sometime populated by the book or doing a get metadata action. You can chang these entries (I delete a lot of garbage tags (some have dedicated fields, some are stupid like having Science Fiction and Fiction If you (simple)search on Fiction you will find both )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote