Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 08-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
Midasza
Midasza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Viewer in 4.2 only open on a blank page on MacOS

Even the beta opens on a blank page and enabling or disabling gpu acceleration has zero impact. So to does switching between gpu (intel and amd gpu's). This is new behaviour since patch 10.15.6.

thanks
Shaun
Midasza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sadly I dont have a dual GPU mac to test with, I can tell you it works fine with 10.15.6 on my single GPU mac. You will need to report it to Apple, hopefully they will release 10.15.7 fixing whatever they broke in 10.15.6
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #3
Midasza
Midasza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Sadly I dont have a dual GPU mac to test with, I can tell you it works fine with 10.15.6 on my single GPU mac. You will need to report it to Apple, hopefully they will release 10.15.7 fixing whatever they broke in 10.15.6
Its broken in the Mac 10.17 beta too ... so its something they are moving forward with, doubt they will "fix" in later releases as I am sure they will say its a software problem get the developer to fix it.
Midasza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:16 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midasza View Post
Its broken in the Mac 10.17 beta too ... so its something they are moving forward with, doubt they will "fix" in later releases as I am sure they will say its a software problem get the developer to fix it.
Then I can only suggest you switch to an operating system made by more competent people. Anybody that thinks breaking working software in a point release is something "that should not be fixed" is really not deserving of your business.

And I wouldn't read too much into it not working in 11. They broke tons of things in the initial 11 beta that they fixed in later betas. For example: https://github.com/alacritty/alacritty/issues/3880
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote