Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
daigo75
daigo75 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Question CBZ containing folder

Hi,
I tried to use Calibre to import a bunch of CBZ files I have, but I found an issue: each CBZ file is a manga volume, and it contains a subfolder for each chapter. In each folder, the pages for the chapter are numbered starting from 1.
For example:

Volume1.zip[LIST]
-Chapter 1
-File1.jpg
-File2.jpg
-File3.jpg
-Chapter 2
-File1.jpg
-File2.jpg
-File3.jpg

And so on. Calibre imports the file, but, when I try to see it, the files are ordered by simple file name instead of path + file name. This means that files are shown in this (incorrect) order:
1- File1.jpg
2- File1.jpg
3- File2.jpg
4- File2.jpg
5- File3.jpg
6- File3.jpg

I looked in the configuration, but I couldn't find out how to tell Calibre to order them by PATH + File Name. Is it possible to do it? Thanks.
daigo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, it isn't. You should consider converting your CBZ files to CBC files, that way you can have a proper table of contents with links to each chapter when converting them in calibre. Instructions on creating CBC files are in the user manual.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
daigo75

Thank you for your help. I have one further question, out of curiosity. Earlier I try to import a CBZ which contained other CBZ files (like a CBC, but without comics.txt), and Calibre apparently imported it. However, when I opened it into the interface, it was empty.
Based on what I read, a simple comics.txt with a list of the CBZ files would allow to import it correctly, so I was wondering why not implementing a simple recursion which looks for the CBZ files by itself, without relying on a txt list? I was tempted to do it as a proof of concept (just to see if it would work), but I don't know how to write a plugin. If it works, the same logic could be applied to CBZ containing folders. What do you think?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because a large number of cbz files in the wild have random folders that should be ignored. There's no way to know when a given cbz file has folders that should be respected and when not.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
daigo75

Oh, I didn't think about that. I actually make all the CBZ myself, that's why I was thinking of making it automatic. Now I understand, it makes sense.
Advert

Tags
cbz, manga, subfolders