Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Beware, problem with Kindle App + your own .mobi/.prc

If you have iPod/iPhone with Kindle App, and doesn't exclusively read purchased ebook from kindle (i.e. you put your ebook from other stores/library to read with Kindle App), you might find the new update to Kindle App messes with the cover list.
I have several ebooks i bought in .lit format that i converted to .prc and put them in my iPhone. All with proper covers + metadata for easy listing by author or title. All good and Kindle App opens these ebook fine.
But after the upgrade to Kindle App v1.1 (?), all the non-kindle ebooks cover got screwed. There seems to be 1 ebook cover for all of them. When I delete the ebook that I thought causing this, the issue still there - albeit with different ebook cover.
I investigate further by checking the metadata with mobi2mobi. There's one thing my converted ebooks don't have that the amazon kindle ebooks have: Amazon ASIN number.
I tested by inserting the ASIN number into the metadata using mobi2mobi. Now the cover listing is back to normal. I guess that's the culprit.

The fix, then, is to use Mobi2mobi GUI to add ASIN number (and find the ASIN number from the product page at amazon site).
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote