Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #121
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Forgive me, as I'm brand new to converting. I have read through this thread, along with the Wiki which lead me to this post, plus done a forum search, but before I tried the procedure, had one question (at least at this point).

When I go to download Python, I can't see anywhere that it will allow me to download 2.6. It only shows 2.6.1 as an option. The Wiki indicates 2.6 is the last supported version. Is the Wiki slightly out of date, or am I missing something over on Python to download the earlier version?
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #122
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, I believe it will display a message that the book is expired. I don't know the exact error message... because I have never seen it. Perhaps someone else here that has seen the message can share it.

BOb
Its says "cannot open book expired"
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #123
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBunny View Post
The Wiki indicates 2.6 is the last supported version. Is the Wiki slightly out of date, or am I missing something over on Python to download the earlier version?
Yes, 2.6.x (so any 2.6 version should be fine.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #124
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Yes, 2.6.x (so any 2.6 version should be fine.)

BOb
Thank you. Now if Amazon would assign a S/N to my unit I'd be all set!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #125
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBunny View Post
Thank you. Now if Amazon would assign a S/N to my unit I'd be all set!
Sure... can you give me the link to the specific wiki page you were on, I will go and edit it. Or you can edit it yourself if you'd like.

BOb
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #126
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Sure... can you give me the link to the specific wiki page you were on, I will go and edit it. Or you can edit it yourself if you'd like.

BOb
Done for Vista and XP.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #127
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Done for Vista and XP.
You are "quick as a bunny" as my mom used to day.

BOb
Old 02-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #128
BurBunny
Zealot

Quote:
You are "quick as a bunny" as my mom used to day.

BOb
And definitely quicker than this bunny!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #129
J.Steinker
J.Steinker has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
Hey, using vista and have used the walk thru posted - i can get file downloaded installed and the two files into the right place even add the path info but when i try to get the pid for my kindle i'm getting error messages dont know whats wrong please hep.
J.Steinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #130
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Steinker View Post
i'm getting error messages dont know whats wrong please hep.
OK... but we need more info that this. What command line are you using? What error message are you getting?

BOb
Old 02-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #131
J.Steinker

it says system cant find path if i type -- cd\ kindlepid.py s/n
if i type cd\ enter so new line kindlepid.py s/n --- it looks for file to open but there is none it finds
Old 02-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #132
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
it says system cant find path if i type -- cd\ kindlepid.py s/n
if i type cd\ enter so new line kindlepid.py s/n --- it looks for file to open but there is none it finds
cd \

Is the command to change directory. So, you shouldn't type that when you are running the script.

If you type...

kindlepid.py

and press enter what is the result?

BOb
Old 02-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #133
J.Steinker

same thing it goes out to find program to run file - dont get whats wrong
Old 02-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #134
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
where did you store the Kindlepid.py file? Did you go through all the steps in the Visual Wiki and what operating system are you using? Vista, XP or Mac?

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #135
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
same thing it goes out to find program to run file - dont get whats wrong
i don't know what this means. Can you paste in what is in your command window after you press the enter key?

BOb

Tags
kindle visual guide, kindlefix, kindlepid, mobi2mobi, mobi2mobi gui