Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #16
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
True. It is very difficoult take a photo expecially with a lucid white chassis.

I did a photo in similar condition but I tried to avoid the chassis reflection and other noises:
(photo took in shadow)
Attachment 83467

(photo in oblique sunlight):
Attachment 83468

(photo in oblique sunlight but brightness not influenced by chassis):
Attachment 83469

(frontal light: I tried to avoid reflection)
Attachment 83470

The best in my experience is to have the light on my side when I am reading.
Wow. I wish it was that sunny here if that first picture was taken in shadow!

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #17
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyNZ View Post
Thanks everyone
Death Note is one of the coolest manga's I've seen.
I've seen the anime! A series that could do Hollywood some serious justice!
How does the anime compare to the comic?

BTW, did you know that the Japanese anime of the 1990's where also called 'Manga's'?
Due to the company Manga entertainment; it was quite confusing when in the early 2000's the comic books also where called manga's.

I think we need to make a clear distinction, Manga corp was a company mainly doing anime cartoons; and therefor manga's are actually offspring of that company.
However a lot of comic books and anime are no longer only offspring of manga corp/ent...

It's like saying your cellphone is a GSM (which they do in Europe a lot); even if it does not make use of the GSM network.

Just saying..

Last edited by ProDigit; 03-05-2012 at 06:10 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #18
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
It's like saying your cellphone is a GSM (which they do in Europe a lot); even if it does not make use of the GSM network.

Just saying..
I've never heard anyone in Eurpoe call a cellphone a GSM. Here in the UK we call them mobiles or mobile phones. In Germany they call them handys.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
BTW, did you know that the Japanese anime of the 1990's where also called 'Manga's'?
Due to the company Manga entertainment; it was quite confusing when in the early 2000's the comic books also where called manga's.

I think we need to make a clear distinction, Manga corp was a company mainly doing anime cartoons; and therefor manga's are actually offspring of that company.
Manga Entertainment was established in 1991 and is involved in production/distribution of Anime - Japanese animation.

This may have caused some people to (incorrectly) refer to anime as manga.

However, the term 'manga' is a lot older, and in English refers to printed Japanese comics.

Yes, this is most definitely
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #20
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Indeed, but the comic books never really entered the western market until after the millennium (second part of the nineties). The animes however where very popular in the early nineties!

Regardless, 'manga' is incorrect, as it is now a licensed term.

As far as GSM, in Belgium they do say it that way.

or perhaps even better, there are countries where they say a stylus pen, is called a BIC, simply because BIC was the major manufacturer; just as baby towels are called pampers (yet also a brand name)
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Reference?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #22
ProDigit
Karmaniac

*copyrighted (http://www.manga.com/)
Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #23
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Here we go again. Couldn't you check at least Wikipedia before posting?

Couldn't you take your time to verify your "opinions" before you post them? This is a forum, it's not that every random thought is wellcome just for representing an opinion.
Sometimes you seem to post just for the love of doing it. Couldn't you open a blog of yours for that?

(Btw this is an OffTopic and I won't reply further)
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
LostBoyNZ
LostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: JetBook Color
Smile

Wow, mod186k1, those look fantastic. I've yet to see such great color on my JetBook Color.

I have noticed over the couple of weeks I've been using it though, I seem to view the colors stronger now. I'm probably just getting used to e-ink color, where as at the start I kept thinking it looked so dull.
LostBoyNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #25
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Lightbulb new skin, new reders

How comics will be in a skin like this?:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171222

Enjoy

AM
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
*copyrighted (http://www.manga.com/)
'Manga' cannot be copyrighted. It's just possible that it could be trademarked for a certain use, but I see no evidence of that at the web site you mention.

You have mentioned licensed (I see no license, nor any possible basis for a license) and copyrighted (impossible). It is hard not to draw the conclusion that you do not know what you're talking about.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #27
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Indeed, but the comic books never really entered the western market until after the millennium (second part of the nineties). The animes however where very popular in the early nineties!

As far as GSM, in Belgium they do say it that way.

or perhaps even better, there are countries where they say a stylus pen, is called a BIC, simply because BIC was the major manufacturer; just as baby towels are called pampers (yet also a brand name)
I was buying them in the early eighties.
Okay, I was in Japan at the time.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #28
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
@LostBoyNZ - i am totally impressed with your review and how those comics look - kudos!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #29
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyNZ View Post
Thanks everyone

Kris777: I'd be happy to help How old is your son? I wonder what type of Manga he would like. I can find some online for you. If he's old enough (over 15 I guess) Death Note is one of the coolest manga's I've seen.
Thank you! He is 12 year's old
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #30
LostBoyNZ
LostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLostBoyNZ can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: JetBook Color
Thanks LuBiB

Kris777: Naturo is incredibly popular, especially around that age. Here's the first issue to take a look at: http://www.mangareader.net/93-1-1/naruto/chapter-1.html You can right click on each page and choose "Save Image as...", and left clicking on each page takes you to the next page.

There is a bit of nudity on page 9 (but as you'll see, it's partly covered), and he'll have to get used to reading each page from right to left. But if he likes Naruto, there's plenty of issues to keep him reading. Over 500 so far.
LostBoyNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, e-reader, jetbook color, manga, review