Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Send to Kindle?

I have a new computer, and I downloaded the latest version of Calibre, and would like to locate a thread on how to set up email to my kindle. Can someone direct me? Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there are instructions in this podcast. IIRC

http://www.thekindlechronicles.com/2...7-kovid-goyal/
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Well, I guess I have to stop pronouncing it "ka-LEE-bray". I now understand all the typos of "Caliber".
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Feel free to pronounce it in whatever way floats your boat

Coming from an UK english background, calibre is just the more natural spelling for me, plus it has the advantage of having libre = free in its name.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Feel free to pronounce it in whatever way floats your boat
Thanks but I'll get over it and learn to pronounce it correctly. Just finished listening to your great interview! I hope it brings in more users.

BTW, do we ever give you a chance to actually *read*? You jump on our tweak requests and bug reports so quickly it seems we keep you too busy to read or work at your paying job.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
there are instructions in this podcast. IIRC

http://www.thekindlechronicles.com/2...7-kovid-goyal/
Thank you!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Great interview, but I don't use a gmail account, and I am having trouble getting it to send to my kindle (haven't been able to get a test email through). I will hook my kindle up and will try it that way. Did Leep ever get her's to work?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

I was able to send an email through my email service and it showed up on my kindle. When I tried to send it with Calibre, I got this error message:

Failed to email the following books:
USA Today [24 Apr 2009]
Failed to send mail: error(10061, 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 398, in _send_mails
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\calibre\library.zip\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 82, in sendmail
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\calibre\library.zip\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 74, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: error(10061, 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have Calibre set up to send from my home email address, and that address is authorized. Why won't it accept it?

Thanks, Debra
Old 04-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You need to set the details of you email provider in the calibre email settings. It would be simpler to just create a free gmail account and click the use gmail button in calibre.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thank you very, very much, Kovid. It works like a charm. Thanks for all you do to make ereading possible.

Debra

(At least Calibre worked - the Cubs have gone from bad to worse)
Old 04-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Enlightening podcast. I too was pronouncing the name wrong.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #12
nikkavy
nikkavy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hello - I'm having a similar problem.
I've entered my gmail information to calibre, using my full username and the smtp server.
I have my email address enabled as an accepted sending address in amazon's list.

I get the following error message. Any help would be appreciated!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/wizard/send_email.py", line 115, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtplib.py", line 777, in _get_socket
File "lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 61] Connection refused

Log:
nikkavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

that means something is blocking calibre, most likely a firewall, or a networ proxy.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #14
Bookworm80
Bookworm80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I am having the same problem as those above. Just got a new Kindle, downloaded Calibre after watching your excellent tutorial, and put in my main email address rather than a Gmail address.
I do have a Gmail address but it is not the one associated with my Amazon account. Can I have more than one email address associated with my Amazon account or do I have to change it permanently to be able to use Calibre?
If this is the case, I would prefer to use Calibre without email...how would I do that?
Bookworm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

just plugin your kindle, calibre will detect it. You dont have to use email delivery if you dont want to.