Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
widcha
widcha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Convert Manga in Mobi to Epub Format

I try to merge some chapter of manga with Mobi extension. I had found the only way to merge it with calibre is using plugin Epubmerge. I had to convert mobi file to Epub the merge it then convert merge file to mobi. My problem is every time i convert from mobi to Epub the page become split to two page. Any suggestion how to convert the mobi perfectly or to merge several mobi file to one mobi file.
I attach some file to support my question

1. Original file (Mobi)
2. Conversion Log (txt)
3. Output file (Epub)
4. Screen capture of the problem

I dont see any error report and conversion option still in default

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Split image.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	161103  
Attached Files
File Type: mobi One_Piece_004__Marine_Lieutenant_Axe_Hand_Morgan.mobi (3.63 MB, 426 views)
File Type: epub One Piece 004_ Marine Lieutenan - Eiichiro Oda.epub (1.86 MB, 250 views)
File Type: txt conversion log.txt (9.4 KB, 361 views)
widcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
THe image is not split, it is just how the viewer displays it when it is too large to fit on a page. Your MOBI file is using amazon's fixed layout format, which is not supported by calibre. Your best bet is to convert to epub, extract the images by either using the calirbe editor or the calibre unpack book tool (add it to your toolbar via Preferences->Toolbars) and then create a CBZ file with the images. You can then convert the CBZ to EPUB which will not display the image split over multiple pages problem.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:27 AM   #3
widcha
widcha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Oke thanks. I will try it.
widcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic, conversion, epub, manga, mobi