Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
MISTER READER
MISTER READER began at the beginning.

Device: none
Eink readers that support moon+ and Google drive

So I can sync with my phone's moon+ reader. Any out there? Thanks!
MISTER READER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I don't have an answer for your actual question but I do have a solution to your issue. I read on my phone and mainly on my Kindle. On the phone I use Moon+ a lot and I easily sync it with my Kindle. I have 2 ways of doing this. Both are easy. Both are reliable.

First, and most commonly, when I end a reading session in one I'll remember a short phrase from the page I'm on. The phrase I remember from my last reading session is "list of jewish patients". When I switch to the other device I do a text search for that and it rarely comes up with more than 1, 2 or 3 answers. There's always enough context to go to the right one. The key to this is just remembering that phrase. It didn't take long to teach myself to do it.

The second method, which I use when going from the Kindle to the phone on those rare occasions when I don't remember the phrase is to load the Kindle app, sync it and then proceed with the first method. If I'm going from the phone to the Kindle I always have the phone handy so that isn't needed.

I also sometimes read on my phone with the Kindle app. Not for any real reason. I just like switching sometimes. Syncing it takes typically twice or three times as long as doing a text search on a remembered phrase and it fails more often. Remembering that phrase is the single best way to sync between devices.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Eink readers don't have apps. You need a tablet for that.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have one, Energy Pro, rooted, with Google Play, Calibre Companion and gitden (the app I like for reading). You have to look for an ereader with Android., I think Onyx brings Google Play, but I'm not so sure .
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Eink readers don't have apps. You need a tablet for that.
There are eReaders that run Android and can have apps. (Onyx) There are also some eReaders that run Linux but still have added apps. (Pocketbook)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
MISTER READER

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I don't have an answer for your actual question but I do have a solution to your issue. I read on my phone and mainly on my Kindle. On the phone I use Moon+ a lot and I easily sync it with my Kindle. I have 2 ways of doing this. Both are easy. Both are reliable.
Yeah, I do the manual method but really don't like it, especially when I am reading multiple books at once. Looking for an Android E-Ink reader that supports Google Play Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have one, Energy Pro, rooted, with Google Play, Calibre Companion and gitden (the app I like for reading). You have to look for an ereader with Android., I think Onyx brings Google Play, but I'm not so sure .
Do you know what version of Android it runs? Assuming it was easy to root?
Old 12-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
MISTER READER

Just to answer my own question in case anyone else reads this in the future. I got an Onyx Boox T76 reader and it works with Google Drive and Moon Reader. I'm satisfied.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTER READER View Post
Just to answer my own question in case anyone else reads this in the future. I got an Onyx Boox T76 reader and it works with Google Drive and Moon Reader. I'm satisfied.
Thanks for letting us know. Does this model have the adjustable "night light?"
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #9
MISTER READER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Thanks for letting us know. Does this model have the adjustable "night light?"
It has a backlight. Cold/warm light options and adjustable brightness.