Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
"Add cover" feature request

In the "add cover" dialog, if there is already a cover image selected, would it possible to start by selecting the existing cover and highlighting its name to make it obvious? I often use "add cover" just to change it to preserve the aspect ratio, and sometimes I accidentally choose the wrong one and have to undo and start again...
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not sure I understand. There's already a cover image selected, where?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not sure I understand. There's already a cover image selected, where?
I'm editing a book. It contains (say) 100 images. One of them is already marked as being the cover image (little brown "book cover" icon next to the filename in the File Browser panel). It is referenced from "titlepage.html", which is also marked with a little brown "book cover" icon next to the filename in the File Browser panel.

I click on the brown "book cover" button on the toolbar, which opens the "Add a cover" dialog. The available images are listed on the left, and the selected image is displayed to the right. Unfortunately the image that is selected initially is not the existing cover image, but the first one in the alphabetical list of filenames. I then have to search through the list of 100 files to find the existing cover.

If I accidentally select the wrong image, the file I accidentally selected is marked with a little brown "book cover" icon as being the new cover image, and file for the old cover image is deleted. I then have to undo and go through the whole process again.

Last edited by Phssthpok; 11-24-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If all you want to do is change the aspect ratio setting, you can just directly change it in the title page, it's a one word change.

However, I can I see that it makes sense to pre-select the existing cover image (if any) in that dialog rather than an arbitrary image. So assuming I dont forget, it will be int he next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #5
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If all you want to do is change the aspect ratio setting, you can just directly change it in the title page, it's a one word change.

However, I can I see that it makes sense to pre-select the existing cover image (if any) in that dialog rather than an arbitrary image. So assuming I dont forget, it will be int he next release.
Thanks, much appreciated!

Basically, I'm just lazy -- it's easier for me to press a button than to find an example to remind me what the syntax is. "xMidYMid meet"? Bah.