Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
korben
Enthusiast
korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: pocketbook touch 2
Question PB626 plant back

Hello,

I bought 3 pb626 (touch lux 2) for me and my family.
I immediately made the update of firmware, otherwise they are too slow.

The problem is that on this page, there is a button to test the serial number (http://www.pocketbook-int.com/fr/sup...ok-touch-lux-2) and it asks me to return the 3 machines in the factory.

It seems there is a problem with the batteries. And of course, to my inquiries, I get a terse email giving me an address but no explanation.

Have you heard of this problem, and most importantly, is it necessary to return the machines?
I am not really convinced of the safety of the operation: I have nothing to prove that my machines will be distributed there.

Have a good day
korben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I've heard of this problem. There might be something wrong with the battery in the devices, it may cause the casing to break by expanding during loading. If you have already loaded the battery a couple of times without any problems, your devices most probably are ok.
To be on the safe side, you can send them to PB Customer Service and you will get a replacement without any costs.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #3
korben
Enthusiast
korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ok, thank you for this information.

I think I'll return them, it seems safer.
I hope that the replacement will not be too long.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
Dimitko
Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Pocketbook 626 Touch Lux 2
Hi,

Somewhere in a German site I red that only 2% of the produced batch are affected by that problem, so chances are 98% for ours to be ok.

Mine also 'returned positive' with the serial number check. However I've recharged it a few times without a problem. I'm thinking of maybe sending it in an year or so, when the battery is however somewhat worn

If you return yours, could you share how much time it took your local supplier to fix & return it?
Dimitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:57 AM   #5
korben
Enthusiast

Hello,
I have sent my reading lights.
Sending cost me just under € 20 for three. I'm waiting to see if I get a refund as it should be done ...
Troubleshooting should take about two weeks, according to PB.
I will keep you informed of further developments.

good luck
Old 08-19-2014, 06:22 AM   #6
korben
Enthusiast

Hello there,

there it is: my bed jackets are back.

Lead times are respected by PB​​. The intervention lasted 14 days. If we add twice three days of travel, the operation lasted twenty days (France - Germany - France).

I have not yet had the refund of shipping, it should come in the weeks ahead.

About operation, I may be wrong, but I feel that e-readers are more in charge than ever before. I use a lot of built-in lighting and it seems to me that the battery level drop much more slowly than before. Time will tell whether I'm right or not.

See you