Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
geekgeek
geekgeek doesn't littergeekgeek doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Calibre not detecting Kindle 3 on Windows 7

Hi guys,

I recently got my Kindle 3, and I use a Macbook Pro at home, and a Windows 7 machine at work.

Last night, I installed Calibre on my Macbook Pro at home, and used it to transfer some books to my Kindle; everything worked fine and went without a hitch.

This morning, I installed Calibre on my Windows 7 laptop at work, and connected my Kindle to the laptop, but for some reason, Calibre does not seem to detect the Kindle, even though the Kindle shows up under Windows Explorer?

Any possible reason for this?
geekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgeek View Post
This morning, I installed Calibre on my Windows 7 laptop at work, and connected my Kindle to the laptop, but for some reason, Calibre does not seem to detect the Kindle, even though the Kindle shows up under Windows Explorer?

Any possible reason for this?
You would be charging an iPhone on your Windows 7 machine would you?

If you want to troubleshoot this connect your device then go to Preferences - Advanced and click Debug device detection and post the results here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
geekgeek
geekgeek doesn't littergeekgeek doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Wow that totally solved it! I did not realise having the iPhone connected would have caused a conflict, thanks!
geekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgeek View Post
Wow that totally solved it! I did not realise having the iPhone connected would have caused a conflict, thanks!
If you aren't going to use your iPhone directly with calibre and just sync it with iTunes you can disable the Apple plugin, under Preferences - Plugins -Device Interface plugins. Disabling this plugin will not prevent you from using the Connect to iTunes feature but it will prevent the iPhone from getting in the way of your Kindle again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apple_plugin.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	57471  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote