Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-21-2016, 12:39 AM   #106
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
77% Off the Recently Published NKJV Foundation Study Bible. Now Only $2.99!

The Foundation Study Bible is also available in the KJV, and it's on sale now for $2.99 also: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZRP772M/.

The sale on both study Bibles runs through March 27, according to my source.

This book was published just last September. I am in a quandary. I don't know if this study Bible has new "helps" or just reprints ones from previous Thomas Nelson study Bibles. If this study Bible has new ones, I'd like to purchase it; if it doesn't, I would not purchase it, because I likely already have the study aids that it contains (and I don't need any more NKJV text-only Bibles--I already have plenty, thank you very much!). Hopefully, I'll be able to do some research before the last day of the sale and find out. Of course, I'll let ya'll know if I find out anything, one way or the other.

NKJV, Foundation Study Bible. By Thomas Nelson. Rated 4.3 stars, from 27 reviews at Amazon at the present moment. Print list price $34.99; digital list price $12.99; Kindle price now $2.99. Thomas Nelson, publisher. 1473 pages. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZRP74Q6/.

Book Description
The perfect foundation for Bible study and the Christian life. Build your life on it! The Foundation Study Bible is a thorough, portable, and affordable Bible for students of God's Word at any level. It has the most important helps for basic study, whether you're just beginning or brushing up on essentials.

Features include:
- Trustworthy NKJV text
- Cross references and translators' notes
- Verse-by-verse study notes and theological notes
- Words of Jesus in red
- Index
- Concordance
- Full-color Bible maps

Part of the
Signature Series line of Thomas Nelson Bibles
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #107
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
The Case for Christianity Answer Book. By Lee Strobel. Rated 4.8 stars, from 29 reviews at Amazon. Print list price N/A; digital list(?) price $6.99; Kindle price now $1.99. Zondervan, publisher. 212 pages.
B&N

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
The Foundation Study Bible is also available in the KJV, and it's on sale now for $2.99 also: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZRP772M/.
NKJV at B&N
KJV at B&N

Thanks for both of these. I compared the study notes from the Foundation Study Bible to a few other Thomas Nelson study Bibles and commentaries and they seem to be brand new. That said, the only extras are study notes and brief book introductions and those aren't particularly in-depth.

Who Killed Jesus by John Dominic Crossan is $1.99.

Quote:
The death of Jesus is one of the most hotly debated questions in Christianity today. In his massive and highly publicized The Death of the Messiah, Raymond Brown -- while clearly rejecting anti-Semitism -- never questions the essential historicity of the passion stories. Yet it is these stories, in which the Jews decide Jesus' execution, that have fueled centuries of Christian anti-Semitism.

Now, in his most controversial book, John Dominic Crossan shows that this traditional understanding of the Gospels as historical fact is not only wrong but dangerous. Drawing on the best of biblical, anthropological, sociological and historical research, he demonstrates definitively that it was the Roman government that tried and executed Jesus as a social agitator. Crossan also candidly addresses such key theological questions as "Did Jesus die for our sins?" and "Is our faith in vain if there was no bodily resurrection?"

Ultimately, however, Crossan's radical reexamination shows that the belief that the Jews killed Jesus is an early Christian myth (directed against rival Jewish groups) that must be eradicated from authentic Christian faith.
B&N
Amazon

The Orthodox Study Bible is $2.99 again. The Old Testament is a very useful Septuagint translation in the style of the NKJV. I wish HarperCollins would put this one into the Tecarta app, but alas, I have to be content with epub.

B&N
Amazon
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #108
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a link to Thomas Nelson's "Easterific Bible Favorites" sale, which includes the ones mentioned in the last few days as well as some others for $2.99. Clicking "Learn More/Buy Now" under each book opens a list of retailers.

Easterific Bible Favorites
Old 03-23-2016, 11:19 AM   #109
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

The HarperCollins ebook of the NRSV is $1.99. This edition lacks the Apocrypha (the Protestant edition with Apocrypha and the Catholic edition are both regular price), but it's been years since I've seen this one on sale and I don't recall it being this cheap.

B&N
Kobo
Christianbook
eBooks.com
Amazon
Old 03-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #110
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
The HarperCollins ebook of the NRSV is $1.99. This edition lacks the Apocrypha (the Protestant edition with Apocrypha and the Catholic edition are both regular price), but it's been years since I've seen this one on sale and I don't recall it being this cheap.
<snip>
Thanks for posting the book (Bible) and giving your comments.

I thought that I had bought a NRSV as an ebook, but I couldn't find it if I did. So I was glad to be able to grab this one.

To other MobileReaders: the words in the book description, "The NRSV is the most trusted, most accepted, and most accurate English translation of the Bible available today" may contain a little bit of hype, but maybe not much. IMHO it strikes a great balance in a translation between a sense-for-sense approach and a word-for-word (literal) approach, which is the difference between being readable and not being very readable. And from all that I've heard and read, it's very accurate. It's a great version for both reading and study, as is the 1995-update NASB (New American Standard Bible).
Advert
Old 03-23-2016, 09:51 PM   #111
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

This Highly Rated Historical Bible Atlas Is Only $1.99 Now--A Markdown of 88%!

88% from the digital list price.

This ebook has been marked down before at least once in the last couple of years. I normally do not post a repeat, if I am aware of it. However, I'm making an exception this time because this ebook was $3.99 then, now it is only $1.99 (I bought it at $3.99 (Arghhh!) thinking that it was a good deal. Not that I remember now what I was thinking then, but I know that I never would have bought it if I hadn't thought that it was a good deal. ).

HarperCollins Atlas of Bible History. By James B. Pritchard. Rated 4.4 stars, but from only 8 reviews, at Amazon; rated 3.71, but from only 7 ratings at GoodReads; rated 4.0, but from only one rating, at Christianbook. Print list price $25.95; digital list price $16.99; Kindle price now $1.99. HarperCollins e-books, publisher. 192 pages. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003V1WS2I/.

I notice that this ebook is also available at Christianbook (ePub, DRM Protected), and for the same price of $1.99: http://www.christianbook.com/harperc...821/pd/70842EB.

Book Description
From the earliest evidence of humankind in Palestine to the establishment of the kingdoms of Judah and Israel, the ministry of Jesus, and the rise of the Christian Church, the richly illustrated HarperCollins Atlas of Bible History brings the Bible to life in all its geographical context.

Detailed biblical references, timelines, and suggestions for further reading accompany each period of biblical history, conveying a tangible sense of the land, events, and people portrayed in the world's most famous book. With more than 100 full-color maps, timelines, and expert explanations, this superlative reference work will enable readers to more fully appreciate and understand the Bible and its stories.

The
HarperCollins Atlas of Bible History features:

- Over 100 full-color geographical and topographical maps
- The latest archaeological information, floor plans, city plans, illustrations, and artistic recreations of ancient life
- Charts, graphs, statistics, informative sidebars, and more
- Detailed biblical references
- Timelines that place each section of the Bible in its historical context
- Web site recommendations for further interactive study

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-23-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:15 PM   #112
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
X-post from Audiobooks:

Nook Daily Find -- exp 25 Mar

$9.95 -- Mere Christianity -- CS Lewis/ Geoffrey Howard --> 5.9 hrs/ R-4.6

Whispersync Deal: the Audible book is $12.99, if you own or borrow the Kindle ebook ($8.99)

Quote:
Genre: Religion: Christianity

Mere Christianity is C.S. Lewis' forceful and accessible doctrine of Christian belief. First heard as informal radio broadcasts and then published as three separate books, The Case for Christianity, Christian Behavior, and Beyond Personality, Mere Christianity brings together what Lewis sees as the fundamental truths of the religion. Rejecting the boundaries that divide Christianity's many denominations, C.S. Lewis finds a common ground on which all those who have Christian faith can stand together, proving that "at the center of each there is something, or a Someone, who against all divergences of belief, all differences of temperament, all memories of mutual persecution, speaks with the same voice".

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-25-2016 at 04:39 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:55 PM   #113
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Just FYI - my price for the Whispersync was only 3.99.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:10 PM   #114
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Just FYI - my price for the Whispersync was only 3.99.
Do you have a link so I can edit my posts?
Old 03-25-2016, 05:19 PM   #115
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Um - just a sec -
Old 03-25-2016, 05:26 PM   #116
pendragginp
Guru

I can't figure out how to. =/ Since I now have it in my library it no longer shows a price, and if I sign out and go in anonymously it says I can have it free with the 30 day trial. Sorry. But anyone who has the kindle book already, as I had, can check it out for you.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #117
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I can't figure out how to. =/ Since I now have it in my library it no longer shows a price, and if I sign out and go in anonymously it says I can have it free with the 30 day trial. Sorry. But anyone who has the kindle book already, as I had, can check it out for you.
OK, thanks. It shows as $12.99 for me whether I'm logged in or not.

Obviously, $3.99 is a much better deal than $9.95.

Which version of the ebook do you have? Is it the same one as the link I provided? or is it a different edition or publisher? If it's a version no longer available, that could explain the price you're getting.

The audiobook is available from two different publishers and tho different narrators.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:53 PM   #118
pendragginp
Guru

It's the one by Geoffrey Howard; I followed your link. Puzzling!

But
Old 03-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #119
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It's the one by Geoffrey Howard; I followed your link. Puzzling!

But
What about your ebook? Did you say you already had it before this offer?
Old 03-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #120
pendragginp
Guru

Yes, I already owned that.