Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 11:24 PM   #1
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
3, 12, or 24 month Kindle Unlimited deal for Prime Day 2018

99 cent for 3 months KU for Prime members without existing KU membership. Or get 12 months for $80.32 (33%off ) / 24 month for $143.86 (40% off) - for Prime and non-Prime. I can never find these deals when searching from within Amazon. Strangely the 12 month requires entering a code while the 24 does not.

https://ebookfriendly.com/prime-day-...ble-deals/amp/

Edit: forgot to add that these already work, no need to wait for Prime Day.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 07-09-2018 at 11:26 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
99 cent for 3 months KU for Prime members without existing KU membership. Or get 12 months for $80.32 (33%off ) / 24 month for $143.86 (40% off) - for Prime and non-Prime. I can never find these deals when searching from within Amazon. Strangely the 12 month requires entering a code while the 24 does not.

https://ebookfriendly.com/prime-day-...ble-deals/amp/

Edit: forgot to add that these already work, no need to wait for Prime Day.
The 12 or 24 month subscription discount doesn't work in the UK.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
The 12 or 24 month subscription discount doesn't work in the UK.
I am sorry about that, did not know. It is possible that it works if you can find the 24 month subscription on Amazon UK. On the US site the discount is applied at checkout automatically for that one, the 12 months needs a code. The problem is that the 12 and 24 month membership do not even have a separate product page. So it is possible that the 1 and 2 year options even without discount are US only.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 07-14-2018 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
Old 07-17-2018, 07:14 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
I am sorry about that, did not know. It is possible that it works if you can find the 24 month subscription on Amazon UK. On the US site the discount is applied at checkout automatically for that one, the 12 months needs a code. The problem is that the 12 and 24 month membership do not even have a separate product page. So it is possible that the 1 and 2 year options even without discount are US only.
I tried that unfortunately Amazon, in its wisdom, have not allowed that promotion in the U.K.

Pity, I would have joined KU, but I won’t pay full price for it, it’s not worth that much for me.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I tried that unfortunately Amazon, in its wisdom, have not allowed that promotion in the U.K.

Pity, I would have joined KU, but I won’t pay full price for it, it’s not worth that much for me.
Understandable. For me the discounts are a bonus - like getting rewarded for something I would pay full price. The 10 book limit is great for sharing - KU at full price already pays for itself with my wife's reading, what I am reading and the discounts are just icing on the cake.
Advert
Old 07-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #6
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Understandable. For me the discounts are a bonus - like getting rewarded for something I would pay full price. The 10 book limit is great for sharing - KU at full price already pays for itself with my wife's reading, what I am reading and the discounts are just icing on the cake.
Same here. My membership expires today, and I just bought another year.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #7
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I'm still piggybacking off last year's purchase. I don't roll over to my next annual membership for two weeks. Not sure if I could get away with another piggyback.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #8
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Same here. My membership expires today, and I just bought another year.
I thought you were in kangaroo land? Or you keep your account bound to the US?
Old 07-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #9
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I'm still piggybacking off last year's purchase. I don't roll over to my next annual membership for two weeks. Not sure if I could get away with another piggyback.
No, I don't think so. Try it. Once you go to checkout (before you actually pay) it will tell you that you have multiple memberships waiting already. You can have your current membership (either monthly, 1/2 year, 1 year, or 2 years). Once it expires and not roll over, you will be able to buy another to hang on to the end. 2 waiting does not work.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:40 PM   #10
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
I thought you were in kangaroo land? Or you keep your account bound to the US?
I had my Amazon US account when Amazon Australia was just a gleam in Jeff's eye. In fact, Amazon Australia only became a full store just before Christmas and only introduced Prime here about a month ago. It's still only a pale shadow of the US store. It's early days, and it will take some time to build up, but one article said it is only something like Number 5 in online stores here at the moment. There are many labelling it a big disappointment, but I think this has more to do with unrealistic expectations generated by the media hype which would have had Amazon sending local retailers broke overnight. At the moment there are few compelling reasons to use Amazon Australia, though I do expect that will gradually change.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote