Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
PriW
PriW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Covers of sideloaded books from Calibre disappears after a while

Hello,

I have always sent my sideloaded books using Calibre (usb) to my kindle PW2 and the book cover appeared just fine in grid view. But the last time I tried to do this, the book covers of the new books started disappearing after a few seconds/minutes. The old books covers are fine, but the new ones keeps vanishing. I tried deleting and resend one of the old books, and the cover disappeared as well. So I'm guessing the problem isn't the book, but something with the kindle or calibre, but I don't know what.

I've been trying to solve this for a week, but with no luck.

If I send by email, the cover stays. But I prefer my books showing in "books" and the page numbers... And since it worked until now I hope to solve it someday.

I already tried reseting the kindle, but didin't solve it. I tried using the ASIN fix, but it didn't solve it either.

I'm using the latest calibre (3.27.1) and latest kindle firmware (5.9.6.1).

Any ideas in what I can do to solve this? Or whats the origin of the problem?

Thanks!
PriW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You aren't the only one with this problem.

See the thread: Sideloaded AZW3 showing no cover with send-to-kindle (Kindle PW3)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #3
PriW
PriW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
You aren't the only one with this problem.

See the thread: Sideloaded AZW3 showing no cover with send-to-kindle (Kindle PW3)

Thanks!! Will talk there, but I think the problem is gone (time will tell though)! =)
PriW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, cover, kindle paperwhite 2, thumbnail image