Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2020, 05:29 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Instructions for patching firmware 4.21.15015

This patch thread is for firmware 4.21.15015 (dbef21c40c54f137381976ab41c5df598ebacd69):

Instructions for patching on Windows, Linux, or macOS with kobopatch:
  1. Download the Kobo firmware release
    You can find the download links here here.
  2. Download and extract the patch zip
    Download and unzip kobopatch_4.21.15015.zip from here.
  3. Copy the firmware file to the src folder
    Copy the original firmware you just downloaded into the kobopatch src folder.
  4. Install the firmware if needed
    Install the firmware on your kobo BEFORE proceeding with the next steps. You can do this by extracting the contents of the firmware zip into the .kobo folder and ejecting.
  5. Choose your patches from the files in the src folder
    Enable patches in the files in the src folder (or use the overrides in kobopatch.yaml to keep your options separate).
  6. Run kobopatch
    Double-click kobopatch.bat on Windows, or run ./kobopatch.sh on Linux or macOS. On macOS, you can drag it into the terminal and press enter (you may need to go to System Preferences - Security and Privacy - General to confirm that you actually want to run it).
  7. Install the patches by copying KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo folder of your device
    If the patching succeeded, a file named KoboRoot.tgz will be created in the out folder. Copy it to the .kobo folder of your device. Safely remove your device once you are finished. On Linux, you may have to press Ctrl+H to show the .kobo folder.
Download
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:29 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Changes to the kobopatch zip:
v66 (2020-08-19): Fixed "Don't uppercase header/footer text" patches not applying to percent read text (geek1011).
v63 (2020-07-08): New "Increase page navigation history" patch (geek1011).
v61 (2020-05-19): Initial release for 4.21.15015.

Missing patches:
- None!

Notes about this firmware version:
- None.

New patches in this version:
- jackie_w: Reduce height of page navigator arrows (since 14622, first appeared in v61)
- jackie_w: Series list increase cover thumbnails (since 14622, first appeared in v61)

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-20-2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: v66
Advert
Old 05-19-2020, 05:30 PM   #3
geek1011
Wizard

reserved
Old 05-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #4
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Thanks for the quick patches yet again Patrick, much appreciated. I have updated/patched my Forma and Aura One and Glo HD, all working great!

jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
Flaviocc
Zealot
Flaviocc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW5 / Kobo Aura One
Don't know what is going on.

Running the batch (windows) nothing happens and no log text inside /out folder.

The previous patch works without problem.

Help?!

EDIT: the problem is the kobopatch.yaml when I put my custom patches to override....and don't konw how to fix...have to do all the patches manually again.

Last edited by Flaviocc; 05-19-2020 at 08:18 PM.
Flaviocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2020, 08:50 PM   #6
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks for getting these out so quickly.

One thing I immediately noticed though is that the Only show stats SmartLink patch appears to not be working, since I am seeing "Customize the way you read a book | Reading Settings" as the SmartLink all the time so far.
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:01 PM   #7
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaviocc View Post
EDIT: the problem is the kobopatch.yaml when I put my custom patches to override....and don't konw how to fix...have to do all the patches manually again.
Can you post the contents of kobopatch.yaml here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPierre View Post
One thing I immediately noticed though is that the Only show stats SmartLink patch appears to not be working, since I am seeing "Customize the way you read a book | Reading Settings" as the SmartLink all the time so far.
Thanks for reporting that one. It seems like the numbering may have changed in this version (and it isn't really feasible to test or read through all of them each time I update the patches). I'll have that fixed in a moment.

Edit: Here it is: https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...14e30927d5a8a1.

Edit: I've updated the release to include this fix (I don't usually do this, but I've made an exception since it's only a few hours since the original one).

Last edited by geek1011; 05-19-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:25 PM   #8
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you so much! It's working properly now and I can see my reading stats on my home screen again.
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:04 AM   #9
Flaviocc
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Can you post the contents of kobopatch.yaml here?
Thank you so much for your patchs and help.

Attached the yaml file.

Attached Files
File Type: zip kobopatch.zip (1.6 KB, 403 views)

Last edited by Flaviocc; 05-20-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #10
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Thank you so much for your patchs and help.

Attached the yaml file.

You have an extra space on line 74 before " src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:", which should be indented with 2 spaces.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #11
Flaviocc
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You have an extra space on line 74 before " src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:", which should be indented with 2 spaces.
Thank you !

I'll test here.

Edit: @geek1011 - same - nothing happens (and no log file). FYI if I don't use the file with my custom overrides, the patch works.

I need to rename the file? The name I'm using is: kobopatch.yaml

Sorry, I'm new with Kobo....

Tks.

Last edited by Flaviocc; 05-20-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:27 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Thank you !

I'll test here.

Edit: @geek1011 - same - nothing happens (and no log file). FYI if I don't use the file with my custom overrides, the patch works.

I need to rename the file? The name I'm using is: kobopatch.yaml
At line 74, you had an extra space before src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:
Code:
   src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:
You also have two errors in your patches.

The patch at line 31 does not exist though you have the correct version at line 37:

Code:
line 31:    Increase the cover size in library: yes
line 37:    Increase library cover size: yes

You have duplicate lines at line 48 and 49:
Code:
    Hide top-left menu item - Store: yes
    Hide top-left menu item - Store: yes
I removed the extra space and deleted the two lines. With those changes, the KoboRoot.tgz file was generated without errors.

I've attached the modified kobopatch.yaml file here (kobopatch.yaml.txt since MobileRead does not allow .yaml files). Download it, copy it to your kobopatch directory and remove the .txt extension.
Attached Files
File Type: txt kobopatch.yaml.txt (3.7 KB, 347 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 05-20-2020 at 01:30 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:47 PM   #13
Flaviocc
Zealot

David,

Thank you so much !!!!

Now it's working perfectly.

Thank you for your time and help.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:20 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
David,

Thank you so much !!!!

Now it's working perfectly.

Thank you for your time and help.
You're welcome.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:30 PM   #15
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
So, I just copied and pasted the overides section into the kobopatch.yaml and the bat file ran with no errors. But when I moved the koboroot.tgz over, my clara rebooted and the three little dots just kept repeating. After a while, I ended up completely resetting it. I went back and installed the last patched version with no problem.

Based on what was covered earlier in this thread, I triple checked the yaml and don't see any problem.

Is there something in the new version that doesn't exist in the last one that I might be trying to change in my yaml?

Thanks!
retro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching