Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Spring Design Alex

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
intekhab
intekhab began at the beginning.

Device: Alex
Problem after rooting Alex

Hi,
I rooted my Alex, following the instruction in this forum. I bought it from Spain(under the name Papyre 6.s Alex). It had a build of 6050, but after rooting the build is way earlier.

Anyways that is not the problem, but the fact that now my e ink screen is not functioning properly. It is displaying very poorly and pdf files are unreadable.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? Or at least how to go to a better build, if not the original.

I havent found any firmware updates online, both in Spring Designs site and the spanish site.

HELP ME!!
intekhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
just write new firmware from the forum. also new root available
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Lomedin
Misanthrope
Lomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Spring Design 6.S Alex DSB-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by intekhab View Post
Hi,
I rooted my Alex, following the instruction in this forum. I bought it from Spain(under the name Papyre 6.s Alex). It had a build of 6050, but after rooting the build is way earlier.

Anyways that is not the problem, but the fact that now my e ink screen is not functioning properly. It is displaying very poorly and pdf files are unreadable.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? Or at least how to go to a better build, if not the original.

I havent found any firmware updates online, both in Spring Designs site and the spanish site.

HELP ME!!
Hi,
I got mine with the 6050 also. I was thinking about rooting it with bluebrains method, although I have my doubts after reading your post. Did you figure out how to fix your problem? BTW, what firmware was it, 1.5? Did your Alex come with the youtube player app or with the newer update that came with no dictionary?
I know you can download the firmware I got (newer, 6050 build -which makes me think that you had the same as me, since its the same build) from Grammata.es (Papyre/Alex section).
Lomedin is offline   Reply With Quote