Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstname View Post
Finally, is there anyway to back up or sync my own book collection to the Kindle cloud, or will that only work for mobis purchased through Amazon?
I ***think*** the books you use "send to Kindle" (e-mail to Kindle) are also backed up in your account.
There was a very similar question asked and answered in the past month or so - try searching limited to Jan and Feb
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:14 PM   #17
firstname
Enthusiast
firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KT2 currently, soon PW3
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I ***think*** the books you use "send to Kindle" (e-mail to Kindle) are also backed up in your account.
There was a very similar question asked and answered in the past month or so - try searching limited to Jan and Feb
Thanks, looking into that now.

I posted twice since your previous post, you may have missed my first one?
firstname is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2018, 03:56 PM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstname View Post
Thanks, looking into that now.

I posted twice since your previous post, you may have missed my first one?
Wrong forum, try:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=166
Old 02-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #19
firstname
Enthusiast
firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Okay, thanks for your help today.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:39 AM   #20
firstname
Enthusiast

I have read on the Wiki article that I used to jailbreak, that the reset option should never be used, as to not wipe out the jailbreak.

I would like to refresh my Kindle, and start everything from the beginning. Is there a way to do this, but to also retain the jailbreak and hotfix? Perhaps I can do this by just re-installing the factory image jailbreak, main-htmlviewer.tar.gz, and then installing the hotfix, and following the subsequent steps?
Advert
Old 02-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #21
knc1
Going Viral

No, do not even try.
Besides, there is no reason to do so, never, ever a reason to do so.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #22
firstname
Enthusiast

The screensaver plugin is not working properly for me, and the uninstall is not working, I have not posted on the thread for it yet. Also, because I made mistakes after the jailbroken process, I fear I may have stuff on the kindle I do not need.

Is there way to safely manually remove certain dirs and files using my file manager to get back to how my Kindle was after jailbreak so I can start afresh, and if so which ones should I remove?
Old 02-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral

Please give a bit more detail than "broke":
Quote:
The screensaver plugin is not working properly for me
Why don't we just fix that?

If you could safely remove files with your file manager, would we be building update_*_uninstall.bin packages?
^^^ That was rhetorical. ^^^

Anything (nearly anything) that is installed with an update_*.bin format named package does things to the parts of the file system you can not see with your file manager.
It is best to use the uninstall package written by the author of the install package.
Which is why they are normally grouped together in a single archive file.