Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 07:05 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Fix the errors.

Other than that, I'd suggest returning the book to the store you bought it from. Books shouldn't be released in that state.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:06 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccy View Post
Is there nothing I can do
Yes. You can fix the errors.

Where did you get this ePub eBook?

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-13-2018 at 11:11 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #18
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
It looks like there are page-breaks that can be removed by using Regex. I would merge all the html files (starting with the file where the code is messed up) and then find all the codes that have_pb# in them (or whatever the last line in each html file is for a page-break) and delete all those lines. Then convert the file again to create the individual html files back to the way they should be split.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
It looks like there are page-breaks that can be removed by using Regex.
If the issue were simply page breaks, they'd show up in the original ePub file, wouldn't they? They aren't doing. It seems to be something more complicated than that.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If the issue were simply page breaks, they'd show up in the original ePub file, wouldn't they? They aren't doing. It seems to be something more complicated than that.

This may be a case where the author did a simple, 'looks good', test on whatever they used, then 'shipped it'.

The Pro's like Hitch, have a collection of 'target' devices to verify against.

Calibre's viewer is easy to please . (older) ADE is a lot harder. And there are things I fight to get EPUB to convert to AZW3 for my K4 and still look the same.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Any well-behaved ePub should transform pretty well to AZW3, though. I must have converted 1000+ (at least) ePubs to Kindle format over the years, and the number of cases where there's been any real issue I could probably count on the fingers of one hand. When it does go wrong, for me the most common issue has been weird margin settings, which a quick edit sorts out.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:38 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Any well-behaved ePub should transform pretty well to AZW3, though. I must have converted 1000+ (at least) ePubs to Kindle format over the years, and the number of cases where there's been any real issue I could probably count on the fingers of one hand. When it does go wrong, for me the most common issue has been weird margin settings, which a quick edit sorts out.
Agreed. They all 'behave'. There are minor render flaws between versions (Mostly with Dropcaps). OTOH Obfuscated fonts don't seem to behave through conversion from EPUB to AZW3
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have never had a problem with an ePub that validates with epubcheck and looks as it should with ADE 2.0.1. It converts no problem to KF8. The problem is this eBook that's chock full of errors. It's not converting well because of the errors.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:36 AM   #24
Baccy
Baccy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
yeah, ive tried pressing fix errors but it doesn't do anything but im like 80% through the book now so I guess I've gotten used to it

Thanks for all the help regardless people
Baccy is offline   Reply With Quote