Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #31
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
"Why set extra CSS, if you're going to convert a book go to the conversion settings choose Look & feel - Text tab and select Justify text. This will ensure the body of the text is justified during conversion."

Doing this will justify the cover image, which means it will be off-center (in many cases).
I haven't extensively tested this, but I know that this does not set everything to Justify. I use this setting on all my books to ensure left justify and it doesn't make everything left justify. It certainly doesn't affect the cover image in my books. That said it is a big hammer that certainly might justify something you might wish to remain unchanged such as an inline table of contents.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #32
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
That setting will justify the cover image when there is no code to center the cover image in the class used for the image. The same would apply to anything else that has no text-align code for the particular class. That is, anything without a code to align left, right, or center will end up being justified.

It happened to me now and then with cover images (when I had the setting as "justify"), but it was frequent enough to be very annoying, and that's why I posted about this several times (about the cover image not being centered) a few months ago (and received lots of criticism, so I'm no longer reporting any bugs or problems--some of which I still have due to software bugs, but I'll be damned if I'll report them here).

I finally discovered what was causing the off-center image problem, so I changed that setting back to "original" from "justify," and since then, I no longer have to add a code to center any cover images (it's very rare when I have to do that now).

I will say that when converting once in a while (more so lately), my styling entry (listed below) is not being honored, and I've had to add "text-align: justify;" to the .calibre CSS selector. I'm not reporting this as a bug, because I have no time to go through all the hassle involved with reporting bugs (per the URL posted by the author any time someone tries to report a bug or problem).

.calibre {
margin-top: 0;
margin-bottom: 0;
line-height: 1.2;
text-align: justify;
}

Another problem I have once in a while is when clicking on the Convert Books icon in the Main Menu, the program will exit. It just happened, so I was reminded about it. Again, this is not a bug report, so I don't need to be shown the URL for how to report bugs. If anyone wants to fix it (them), that would be great. Otherwise, I'll just deal with it (them), the same as I deal with the Modify ePub plugin that doesn't actually remove page_map.xml files and doesn't always delete all the coding for .xpgt files. I've learned to deal with these minor problems.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert