Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #256
jpfletcher
jpfletcher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thanks for the update Fzzt. It sounds like the CSR you talked to was a bit nicer than the one I have been dealing with. At least she explained why it is taking a while.
jpfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:06 AM   #257
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I was told I would be etting an email sometime this week. if by Friday afternoon, I have yet to receive my email, I'm on othe phone asking for a manager if I have yet to get this mythical email. I'm going to ask why I cannot order a reader and demand they do something then and there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #258
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
JSWolf, I'm with you. Now that the 500 is showing up on the rewards site for order, I don't understand why a csr can't order one for us at the special price.
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #259
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
madmaxamedia can you post the link Sony sent you in the email please?
Sorry for the delay, I didn't get email notification of your post-

Here's the text from the email-

Quote:
The Sony Reader is now in stock!

Please follow the steps below to place a new order at the promotional price of $49.95 + $10.00 shipping and handling.

1) Click here to access the Sony Rewards catalog.

2) Enter your Sony Rewards Username and Password, if you're not already logged in.

3) Click "Add to Cart" to place the Reader(TM), Model # FRPRS500U, in your cart. The price will automatically adjust to $59.95 at checkout. This special price expires January 31, 2008.

4) Complete your checkout.
If the link is not active, here is the actual URL-
http://ct.tx.sonyrewards.com/rd/cts?...0-0-0-0-1-1-66

I don't know if the link is custom to my account or not, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

I received my Reader the other day (a 500 of course.)

Good luck to everyone else. They obviously are still dealing with delay issues, but I believe they are trying to resolve it and intend to fulfill the offer for all qualified customers. I think even in the worst case scenario they run out of 500's, they will eventually fulfill your order with 505's. But they're not going to do that until they are really completely out of 500's, not just for a delay in fulfillment.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #260
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks but it did not work. Its something they must fix per account who ever had ordered one and canceled it.
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #261
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They said I'd get the email in a week. So come Friday I'm on the phone till it gets sorted.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #262
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
how long does it take to ship the reader from the day you guys received the email saying it has been shipped?

Coz I received the email last week thursday saying it has been shipped, but I still haven't received it as of now. And I order something online this week, and I already got it today even they shipped it as ups ground...
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #263
huevos
Enthusiast
huevos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
i received my 500 from sony rewards last wednesday....and loved the 4 days i had with it. i think it took about 4 days for shipping.

On a return flight from san diego i found a credit card belonging to someone from an earlier flight. I returned the card to the stewardest, and flew home. Little did i know the damn seat was cursed. I left my brand new reader on the plane and no one has turned it into lost and found.

i hope the rest of you guys get this thing sorted out. Now im in a real pickle...do i go buy another one at normal price, or just cut my losses and run.
huevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #264
yuhreka
yuhreka began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by huevos View Post
On a return flight from san diego i found a credit card belonging to someone from an earlier flight. I returned the card to the stewardest, and flew home. Little did i know the damn seat was cursed. I left my brand new reader on the plane and no one has turned it into lost and found.
I bet the flight attendant stole it from you for calling her a stewardest.
yuhreka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #265
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
Ok I got a call from the Sony Rewards asking if I got my email (which I did not). I called them up and the gentleman said he would order it for me. Minute later he came back on and said since I tried to order it once he could not do it for me. He would open a ticket and have them send the email again in a day.

He goes the waiting game AGAIN. I wonder if I will ever get one.....
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #266
huevos
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuhreka View Post
I bet the flight attendant stole it from you for calling her a stewardest.
serves me right i guess..
Old 11-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #267
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
Quote:
I left my brand new reader on the plane
Oh that sucks, sorry to hear it.
Did you use it enough to get a feel for whether it worked for you? If so then you might as well bite the bullet and get the 505 ...or was that your plan all along (Great way to upgrade tech with the SO)

When I was flying a lot I used to put a few things in the seatback pocket(camera, disc player) and so I didn't leave them on the plane I went to a pilots store and bought a couple of keychain sized "Remove before flight" tags and then would leave them dangle outside the pocket as a reminder.

http://www.pilotwear.com/store/p/215...Key-Chain.html

Good luck.
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 AM   #268
richfei
richfei began at the beginning.

Device: 123123
I called this morning. All the CSR could do was validate my information and eligibility (which they've done many times before). They couldn't even tell me if they had any in stock. I tol them people had been getting emails, but all they would confirm is that I should get a call before the end of the month. Never mind. I guess I just have to be patient
richfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 AM   #269
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
serves me right i guess..
Contact Sony and tell them. So that way maybe they can find who has it if that person tries to register it.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #270
huevos
Enthusiast

JSwolf--thats not a bad idea. Though, i dont have the serial number... anything is worth a try at this point.

Im really fighting the urge to go out and by another device. I was very satisfied with the product, but ultimately do not believe it is worth $300...especially when you lose it. If i could get one for 150...id probably do it again...ebay seems to be selling the 500's used for 180-200...