Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 02-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #1786
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3
I've decided to try Ed McBain's 87th Precinct books and found the first one is on sale for $1.99 at Amazon: Cop Hater
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #1787
GA Russell
Argos win the Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 8, 4 and jetBook Lite
Dev Haskell 11-14 - free
https://www.amazon.com/Dev-Haskell-1...dp/B01N4UADID/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:01 PM   #1788
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Earthly Remains is, for the moment, the most recent in Donna Leon's excellent Commisario Brunetti series. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US, probably in honor of the new title coming out (in the US, at least) in March. I really like this series, so am happy to see this title on sale!

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Earthly-Remai...dp/B01N2NER6T/
Kobo US (copuon/VIPable): https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/earthly-remains-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
Donna Leon’s bestselling mystery novels set in Venice have won a multitude of fans for their insider’s portrayal of La Serenissima. From family meals to coffee bars, and from vaporetti rides to the homes and apartments of Venetians, the details and rhythms of everyday life are an integral part of this beloved series. But so are the suffocating corruption, the never-ending influx of tourists, and crimes big and small. Through it all, Leon’s Commissario Guido Brunetti has been an enduring figure. A good man who loves his family and his city, Brunetti is relentless in his pursuit of truth and some measure of justice.

In Earthly Remains, the twenty-sixth novel in this series, Brunetti’s endurance is tested more than ever before. During an interrogation of an entitled, arrogant man suspected of giving drugs to a young girl who then died, Brunetti acts rashly, doing something he will quickly come to regret. In the fallout, he realizes that he needs a break, needs to get away from the stifling problems of his work.

When Brunetti is granted leave from the Questura, his wife, Paola, suggests he stay at the villa of a relative on Sant’Erasmo, one of the largest islands in the laguna. There he intends to pass his days rowing, and his nights reading Pliny’s Natural History. The recuperative stay goes according to plan until Davide Casati, the caretaker of the house on Sant’Erasmo, goes missing following a sudden storm. Now, Brunetti feels compelled to investigate, to set aside his leave of absence and understand what happened to the man who had become his friend.

Earthly Remains is quintessential Donna Leon, a powerful addition to this celebrated series.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #1789
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another title in this series is free at Kindle US - the tenth title, Blackshirt Sets the Pace.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Blackshirt-Se...dp/B079H2L98W/

Spoiler:
Quote:
An attempted suicide turns into a murder: the is a mystery for Blackshirt!

In the early hours of the morning, John Trayner jumped from a bridge parapet into the Thames river below. By some miracle, he’s rescued, alive and well. But why would a man who has a successful career, no jealous or quarrelsome lovers at home, and of prefect health, attempt suicide? The only criminal record Trayner has was a minor offence of marijuana use in his students years. But with no other clues, the police leave the matter alone.

Then a few days later, John Trayner is killed by a lorry. Whilst Head of Security, Wright is concerned that it’s another suicide attempt – gone horribly right – a witness says a second man pushed him. If that’s the case, poor Trayner was murdered.

With little to go on, Wright calls in the help of the infamous cracksmith, Richard Verill – alias Blackshirt. And as Verill investigates, he stumbles on a conspiracy far greater than either he and Wright ever expected…

Another installment to the popular Blackshirt series, Blackshirt Sets the Pace is a thrilling crime mystery. With plenty of wit and humour, Roderic Jeffries’s novel is sure to entertain until the very last word. Perfect for fans of John Burke and Alan Scholefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Per SYKM, Roderic Jeffries, writing as Roderic Graeme, continued with a series character created by his father (Bruce Graeme), featuring Richard Verrell, known as Blackshirt, a romantic thief and best-selling author in England.

Blackshirt Passes By is the third in that series, and it is free right now at Kindle US.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Blackshirt-Pa...dp/B074KHP2DW/
Old 02-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #1790
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Golden Age, Free (Not US)

Hue and Cry: A Golden Age Mystery by Patricia Wentworth

The Dower House Mystery: A Golden Age Mystery by Patricia Wentworth

https://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search...icia+Wentworth

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?url=sear...icia+Wentworth

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?url=search-...icia+Wentworth
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #1791
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Eight titles in the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry have dropped to $3.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable). I'm a little bothered by what I see as a recent trend (although I haven't quantified it, just my impression) for Open Road titles, which used to go on sale for $1.99, and even $0.99 sometimes, to now go on sale at $2.99 or $3.99. Luckily, I've gotten most of the Open Road titles in the series they have that I like, but $3.99, especially, is past my limit for anything but a few truly exceptional old backlist titles.

Anyway, back to the Anne Perry books - here are titles and links:
  • Bluegate Fields
  • Rutland Place
  • Silence in Hanover Close
  • Resurrection Row
  • Cardington Crescent
  • Death in the Devil's Acre
  • Paragon Walk
  • Bethlehem Road
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/?se...price-asc-rank
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?Qu...cmaxprice=3.99
Old 02-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #1792
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

All seven current titles in the really fun (IMO) Pot Thief series by J. Michael Orenduff have dropped to between $1.99 and $3.99 at Kindle US. Only a couple are on sale at Kobo US, but I'm also including a link there for price check purposes. I'm guessing the sale is prompted by the upcoming release of a new title in May, which I'm quite looking forward to.

Titles are:
  • The Pot Thief Who Studied Pythagoras, $2.99
  • The Pot Thief Who Studied Ptolemy, $3.99
  • The Pot Thief Who Studied Einstein, $3.99
  • The Pot Thief Who Studied Escoffier, $2.99
  • The Pot Thief Who Studied D.H. Lawrence, $1.99
  • The Pot Thief Who Studied Billy the Kid, $3.99
  • The Pot Thief Who Studied Georgia O’Keeffe, $2.99
Kobo US (mostly for price check purposes): https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?Qu...cmaxprice=3.99
Old 02-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #1793
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Eight titles in the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry have dropped to $3.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable). I'm a little bothered by what I see as a recent trend (although I haven't quantified it, just my impression) for Open Road titles, which used to go on sale for $1.99, and even $0.99 sometimes, to now go on sale at $2.99 or $3.99. Luckily, I've gotten most of the Open Road titles in the series they have that I like, but $3.99, especially, is past my limit for anything but a few truly exceptional old backlist titles.

Anyway, back to the Anne Perry books - here are titles and links:
  • Bluegate Fields
  • Rutland Place
  • Silence in Hanover Close
  • Resurrection Row
  • Cardington Crescent
  • Death in the Devil's Acre
  • Paragon Walk
  • Bethlehem Road
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?Qu...cmaxprice=3.99

I just started this series in audio.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM   #1794
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

If you missed this when it was free back in 2016, it has now dropped to $0.99 at Kindle US. Link below is still good.

Quote:
The RAFFERTY & LLEWELLYN SERIES BOXED SET: BOOKS 1 TO 4 by Geraldine Evans is pretty much what it says it is (begging the problem of how to get a box onto an e-reader ). It is FREE right now at Kindle US.

Titles are:
  • Dead Before Morning, #1
  • Down Among the Dead Men, #2
  • Death Line, #3
  • The Hanging Tree, #4
link: https://www.amazon.com/RAFFERTY-LLEW.../dp/B00LJ3G7LS
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #1795
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

A sort of odd pairing...one title by Stuart Kaminsky and one by Ed Gorman, in a single volume, Melody and Murder, for $2.99, which works out to $1.50 each if you need (and want!) both titles.
  • Stuart Kaminsky: Dancing in the Dark
  • Ed Gorman: The Day the Music Died
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Melody-Murder...dp/B0741XQNH8/
Kobo US (coupon/VIPable): https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/melody-and-murder-1