Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 01-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Hitler, Adolf: Mein Kampf

I obtained the text from Gutenberg Australia. Being painfully aware that copyright laws differ from country to country I did a web search and came up with the following:

At:http://www.archive.org/details/MeinKampf_483

The following information is posted:

Identifier MeinKampf_483
Title Kampf
Creator Hitler, Adolf; Murphy, James
Media Type texts
Date 1939
Public Date 2007-08-06 02:30:38
Publisher Hurst & Blackett
Language English, translated from German

I must admit that I am surprised that the document became part of the public domain only last August, I guess even a dictator and his henchmen have rights. And make no mistake James Murphy was a henchman. He worked in the Nazi Propaganda Ministry along with Goebbels.

I formatted the book with Adobe GoLive9 and converted the resulting HTML file to .lrf using libprs500. All of the work was done on a Macintosh. It took me an afternoon and and evening to complete the task. I had some difficulty in deciding what to do with the translators notes. I would appreciate any comment. I am a bit unhappy the the appearance of the title page but am just a bit too tired to work on it anymore this evening.

DD

Thanks to Madam Broshkina for a suggestion that makes the book look quite a bit more professional!!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Mein Kampf.lrf (818.3 KB, 1679 views)

Last edited by Deputy-Dawg; 01-12-2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Cover/Title Page
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What was her suggestion?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
The cover page
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
In the late Thirties a man by the name of ... Alan Simpson I believe (I have suuuch a bad memory) ... was astonished by what Hitler was planning; so he published the book in the U.S. to warn the American people. He was sued (I guess by Hitler) for copyright infringment and lost the case. In the Fifties or Sixties Simpson (or what ever his name was) became a U.S. Senator from California.

I'm sure many of the facts are wrong so please anybody feel free to correct me.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
Sorry, I was wrong about the name: it was Alan Cranston. The info is here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Cranston
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I had a look at this LRF and have noticed that many umlauts - possibly all - have been replaced with random characters. This isn't right, especially when the document contains German words.
Interesting, anyone interested in the copyright saga of Mein Kampf should look here: http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issue...royalties.php/

Last edited by AprilHare; 01-14-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Addition
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
I´m quite astonished to see this book in the upload section. After Hitlers death his complete property was repossessed by the Free State of Bavaria (because he used to live in Munich until his death). As far as I know, the Free State also holds all copyrights on the book, mainly to avoid reprints; but I may be wrong, of course.
In Germany there are no official reprints of the book, but it is legal to buy antiquarian versions and it´s also legal to own the book. I have a version published in 1939 but I could never read it completely. It´s terrifying. Even touching the book gives me unpleasant feelings.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I´m quite astonished to see this book in the upload section.
It's definitely in the public domain in "life + 50" countries. Mr. Hitler died in 1945 (obviously) and the translator of this version died in 1946.

Quote:
In Germany there are no official reprints of the book, but it is legal to buy antiquarian versions and it´s also legal to own the book. I have a version published in 1939 but I could never read it completely. It´s terrifying. Even touching the book gives me unpleasant feelings.
I have a printed copy - to be honest I find it completely unreadable. It's half (almost entirely fictitious) autobiography; half badly-written political rant.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #9
Drico
Drico began at the beginning.

Device: ipod
I found a pdf for this documentary is it safe to use it? The only reason i have read this is because of its historic value. Must say it was interesting
Mein Kampf pdf
Drico is offline   Reply With Quote