Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-23-2016, 01:04 PM   #16
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Very interesting!

there is also something to control whether to auto-connect?
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:30 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I haven't had time to read all of them that are in /var/local, I just dump'd all of them and spot checked a few places.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #18
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/reg/ServerConfig.db .dump >/mnt/us/documents/ServerConfig.sql
(or add a '.txt' to that output name for viewing on Kindle)

It helps if you read en_SQL, but you'll get the idea even if you don't.

Just for those who thought they had purchased a **private** e-book reader.
I checked this file, but i can't find something useful for this thread.
I missed something?
Old 05-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I only skimmed very fast -
Not enough time to see if the key references where database keys or something else like the key to wifid.conf
Old 05-25-2016, 05:58 AM   #20
encol
Evangelist

Some investigations:
i'm thinking we can mantain different versions of the wifid.conf (one with no network saved, one with the credentials of "network1", one for "network2", and so on) and switch them lauching a script or by kual.

I maked a copy of the "network1" wifid.conf, then i deleted that network from settings.
But, when i restored the backupped "network1" widid.conf, my kindle does not connect again to "network1" as i expected, even after a reboot.

Some other files involved?
Advert
Old 05-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #21
knc1
Going Viral

Durn ....
I slept since I last looked at this question.

= = = =

There was a file that had the "entry number" of the last used wifid.conf entry.
Actually, two files, one with the most recent and one with the oldest.
They only contain one line, with a four digit (padded with leading zeros) number.

= = = =

Ah, so - -
Didn't you just find the answer to your question in the above post?

Change the "last used" and "oldest used" file's index numbers to a non-existent entry;
Just leave wifid.conf alone.

Then keep finger away from the 'Rescan' button.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:40 AM   #22
encol
Evangelist

Quote:
There was a file that had the "entry number" of the last used wifid.conf entry.
I can't find it
Old 05-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
I can't find it
Stick around while I look for it again.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

/var/local/log/wpa_supplicant_youngest:00000012
/var/local/log/wpa_supplicant_oldest:00000009

= = = =

I don't know if that is just an information log or if the system re-reads it when ready to make a connection attempt.

I don't know where I got the idea that it was a fixed width of 4, it is a fixed width of 8
Maybe I was looking at 5.7.4.1 before, the above is from 5.6.1.1

Last edited by knc1; 05-25-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #25
encol
Evangelist

On my kindle with only one registered network, both files contains the same number: 00000005.

I tried to change this number, but it still connects automatically to the network.
The strange thing is that the number does not go back to the original one, even if the timestamp of the files is updated
Old 05-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I tried to change this number, but it still connects automatically to the network.
- - - -
In response to what user action does it 'automatically' connect?
In response to turning Airplane Mode "OFF" ?

= = = =

Maybe check the sources for a 'no-auto' option?
https://w1.fi/cgit

Last edited by knc1; 05-25-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:36 PM   #27
encol
Evangelist

Quote:
In response to what user action does it 'automatically' connect?
In response to turning Airplane Mode "OFF" ?

yes as soon as i disable airplane mode
Old 05-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
yes as soon as i disable airplane mode
Now, for my dumbest question of the day (my mind must have been erased in my sleep last night):

If you don't want to connect, why disable airplane mode?
Old 05-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #29
encol
Evangelist

I have 2 wifi network in my home: one is an "hosted" network i use for connecting various devices to my pc (for the kindle principally with scp and ssh) and one for browsing internet. If i turn airplane mode off it connects to the second network (perhaps because it's the first i registered?)
Sometimes i am in other places where there are more than 1 network to connect to.

However, i would like to choose whether to connect to and to which network: why kindle decides for me?
Old 05-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #30
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I have 2 wifi network in my home: one is an "hosted" network i use for connecting various devices to my pc (for the kindle principally with scp and ssh) and one for browsing internet. If i turn airplane mode off it connects to the second network (perhaps because it's the first i registered?)
Sometimes i am in other places where there are more than 1 network to connect to.

However, i would like to choose whether to connect to and to which network: why kindle decides for me?
OK - I think I have it now -

You DO want to connect to a network when you disable Airplane Mode/
It is just that the Kindle automation is being too helpful.

- - - -

I admit it, I am running out of (simple) ideas.

Have you dump'd the system messages (which includes connection message) right after disabling Airplane mode and letting the Kindle make up your mind for you?

(The messages will include the name of the task producing each message).
That might at least tell us where next to look for ideas.

(Main page, search bar: ;dm (that command is: semi-colon d m) )
You will be able to view the reports on your Kindle - although downloading them to your PC were you have a bit more screen area does make it simpler.

Tags
kual wifi