Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #196
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Your debug log notes at the top that Calibre has not been shutting down gracefully, and at the bottom says:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 1056, in closeEvent
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 972, in shutdown
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 63, in call_func_with_lock
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 617, in set_pref
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 134, in set
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 123, in __setitem__
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 845, in execute
  File "src/cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
That is not a CALM error; it is a Calibre error.

If you are running CALM with your Calibre Libraries on a network, that could be the problem.

Ensure that there are no capitalization differences between your stated paths and the actual paths.

Walk before you run. Try temporarily consolidating only one (1) single Source Library that is on a local drive into a CALM Target Library that is on the same local drive. If that works, then you have a functional baseline to start from, and you would know whether or not your current issues were likely caused by your computing environment.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #197
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.0.33 Python 3 compatibility; Minimum version now 3.41.3.

Version 2.0.33 -2019-07-08 Python 3 compatibility; Minimum version now 3.41.3.

Upgrade Calibre first.

As always, test a new version of CALM against test Libraries using the various "Metadata Tools" that update your Source Libraries. The CALM Target Library can always be deleted and recreated via a new Consolidation job, but your Source Libraries need to be protected from undesired changes. Always back up their metadata.db files before using the "Metadata Tools" to do mass changes of them from the CALM Target Library.

Remember to back up your personal metadata_tools.db file in your CALM Target Library directory, since it has your personally-maintained "Derive Genres" configuration, not to mention all of your Tag Rules. You do not want to have to manually recreate all of those rules, so do yourself a favor and back that db up.

DaltonST
Advert
Old 11-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #198
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I am attempting to use CALM for the first time, and I got my library columns all standardized, but it is still giving me problems with some of them. I used JobSpy to get the custom column matrix and confirmed that the lables, headers, and desctiptions are all the same. I can't seem to get past this column,

label name datatype id editable is_multiple normalized display
all_the_book_sources All_Sources text 66 1 1 1 {"description": "", "is_names": false}

the info is kind of smooshed, but you can see what the details are. Can you help?

Is is possible that because the title is All_Sources, and the label is "#all_the_book_sources", this is the problem? I changed the header to be less words.

calibre, version 4.3.0
ERROR: CALM: GENERATION OF CUSTOM COLUMNS TERMINATED PREMATURELY........ERROR: >>>>Exception in db.create_custom_column creating new custom column: ConstraintError: UNIQUE constraint failed: custom_columns.label The failed parameter used was: all_the_book_sources_14 All_Sources text with display: {} with is-multiple: True

Last edited by Rellwood; 11-13-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #199
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there a way of using the metadata tools outside of the CALM library? I want to fix the metadata in my main library, but since I have never been able to create the CALM library because of errors, I can't. I want to standardize my metadata, but unless I use CALM, I can't.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:46 PM   #200
DaltonST
Deviser

The is_names in displays looks different. The ToolTips are necessary reading. The custom columns must be identical in all respects (except for Description) to be combined.

Also, you would get the error that you posted only if you forgot to refresh the CALM skeleton Target Library after each failed generation. That causes the duplicate key error.

CALM tools use the CALM Target Library.

If you are trying to synchronize all of your Tags, have you thought about creating a spreadsheet for each of the Job Spy Tag Scrubbing Rules Tables and then uploading each one to each of your Libraries to run?

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-11-14 08_37_58-Window.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	174924  

Last edited by DaltonST; 11-14-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Advert
Old 12-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #201
alerum68
alerum68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Hello, trying to get calm to work, and I'm able to get to the stage where it runs the consolidation and I'm getting this error message:

Code:
SQLError: near "s": syntax error 
Job: "CALM Consolidation" failed with error: 
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
  File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata.calm_consolidation", line 100, in main_calm_consolidation
  File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata.calm_consolidation", line 203, in CALM_Control
  File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata.calm_consolidation", line 382, in source_control
  File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata.calm_consolidation", line 1424, in apsw_attach_to_source
SQLError: SQLError: near "s": syntax error
Not sure if it's an error in my database. I've run the lib maintenance tools in Calibre, and it's still producing this error.
alerum68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #202
DaltonST
Deviser

You did not state what OS and Calibre Version you are using, and did not attach a screenprint of your Source Library Tab within CALM.

Looks like a value in one of your Source Libraries has some irregular punctuation that SQLite cannot handle. Example: a double-quote that does not belong there.

Also, run in Debug Mode for a full debugging log.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-19-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:48 PM   #203
alerum68

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerum68 View Post
Hello, trying to get calm to work, and I'm able to get to the stage where it runs the consolidation and I'm getting this error message:

Code:
SQLError: near "s": syntax error 
Job: "CALM Consolidation" failed with error: 
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
  File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata.calm_consolidation", line 100, in main_calm_consolidation
  File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata.calm_consolidation", line 203, in CALM_Control
  File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata.calm_consolidation", line 382, in source_control
  File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata.calm_consolidation", line 1424, in apsw_attach_to_source
SQLError: SQLError: near "s": syntax error
Not sure if it's an error in my database. I've run the lib maintenance tools in Calibre, and it's still producing this error.
edit: Ahhh... my library has an apostrophe in it. That seems to have caused the error.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #204
alerum68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
You did not state what OS and Calibre Version you are using, and did not attach a screenprint of your Source Library Tab within CALM.

Looks like a value in one of your Source Libraries has some irregular punctuation that SQLite cannot handle. Example: a double-quote that does not belong there.

Also, run in Debug Mode for a full debugging log.

DaltonST

That was the issues. Apostrophe in one of the Libraries. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #205
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.34 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2.

Version 2.0.34 -2019-12-22 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2. Minimum version now 4.6 Upgrade Calibre first, as always.

DaltonST
Old 02-19-2020, 10:48 AM   #206
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.35 CALM 'Derive Genres' technically upgraded

Version 2.0.35 -2020-02-19 CALM 'Derive Genres' technically upgraded to be consistent with QuarantineAndScrub's recently technically overhauled 'Derive Genres'.

DaltonST
Old 02-21-2020, 03:38 PM   #207
Rellwood

Quick Question,

Can enumerated colunms (comments with set data) be included if they are all the same?

Splitting a big library using it as the template for 5 new libraries.

I don't know if I need to convert the columns to tags or if I can leave them.

Oh, and I updated to Windows 10 and am using the latest version of Calibre
Old 02-22-2020, 10:19 AM   #208
DaltonST
Deviser

Enumerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Can enumerated colunms (comments with set data) be included if they are all the same?

If you tested a generation to check your settings, you would see a list in the Generation Tab that looks something like:

Code:
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #abc_numeric - ABC Numeric - int - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #abc_numeric - ABC Numeric - int - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #author_book_count - ABC - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #author_book_count - ABC - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #been_read - Read? - bool - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #ddc - DDC - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #ddc - DDC - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #ff_author_id - FF Author ID - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #ff_author_names - FF Author Names - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #ff_metadata - FF Metadata - comments - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #genre_source - Genre (Source) - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #genre_source - Genre (Source) - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #isbn_source - ISBN (Source) - composite - Not Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #isbn_source - ISBN (Source) - composite - Not Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #isni_url - ISNI.org URL - composite - Not Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #lc_authority_name_url - LC Authority Name URL - composite - Not Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #lcc - LCC - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #lcc - LCC - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #lcead - LC Extra Author Details - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #lcead - LC Extra Author Details - text - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #loc_lccn - LOC LCCN - composite - Not Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #loc_lccn_url - LOC LCCN URL - composite - Not Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #mcs_was_indexed - MCS - bool - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #mycomments - MyComments - comments - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #mycomments - MyComments - comments - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #mydate - MyDate - datetime - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #mydate - MyDate - datetime - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #myenumeration - MyEnumeration - enumeration - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #myfloat - MyFloat - float - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #myfloat - MyFloat - float - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #myinteger - MyInteger - int - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #myinteger - MyInteger - int - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #mymcsenumeration - MyMCSEnumeration - enumeration - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #myrating - My Rating - rating - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #myrating - My Rating - rating - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #myserieslike - MySeriesLike - series - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs2 -------------------- #myserieslike - MySeriesLike - series - Activated
s:/calibre/calibremcs --------------------- #mysize - MySize - composite - Not Activated
Note the Custom Column datatypes on the right side.

If Enumeration datatypes do not have the IDENTICAL valid values, the CALM Target Library would cause major Calibre GUI freezing, since Calibre assumes that you would not mix apple Enumerations with orange Enumerations.

Use the Job Spy tool for creating a matrix of all Custom Columns in all of your Calibre Libraries so you can compare them carefully, including the Display on the right side of the matrix.

If you search this thread, for "Enumeration", you will find that one particular user said "they were identical", but they were not, and had major issues. Caveat Emptor.

Having said that, after the above occurred, I added special logic to stop it from happening again...most of the time. The burden is still on the user to comply with the ToolTips in the Generation Tab.

DaltonST
Old 03-09-2020, 05:12 PM   #209
Rellwood

Thanks!

I wasn't sure if enumeration was an option. I understand that they need to be the same.

I might just create new libraries from a single one and move all the books into them so the columns are the same.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:09 PM   #210
xvicarious
xvicarious began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePW5
I'm having issues on Linux. And I know exactly what is wrong (well, I think).

`calm_dialog.py:6882` at least. There are several calls to `.lower()` for directories. For anything that uses a case sensitive file system, this means that file might not exist. I can have
`/home/xvicarious/Calibre Library`, `/home/xvicarious/calibre library`, etc.

That is what I gathered from the debug logs. It says it can't find the database. Well its not really looking in the right place.
xvicarious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags