Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #121
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It must be jail broken to gain access to the registration file.

On a KOA2, you are S.O.L. - no known serial port on either of the Oasis models.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:28 AM   #122
Hanspeter
Connoisseur
Hanspeter doesn't litterHanspeter doesn't litter

Device: Kindel PW1, Voyager
Hi, I created a small Kual extension to do the fake registration. Is it ok to post it here?
Hanspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2021, 05:50 AM   #123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanspeter View Post
Hi, I created a small Kual extension to do the fake registration. Is it ok to post it here?
Are you that paranoid that you cannot properly register?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:52 AM   #124
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
You can do that or start a new thread. It is up to you.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:24 PM   #125
Hanspeter
Connoisseur

ok here we go. There are 3 menu options:
- copy reginfo from firmware to usb
- copy reginfo from usb to firmware
- create fake reginfo and copy it to firmware

The create fake reginfo function also adds the reg server to the /etc/hosts as localhost.

As normal copy the expanded fakereg folder into the /extensions folder of your kindle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fakereg.zip (3.3 KB, 472 views)

Last edited by Hanspeter; 05-30-2021 at 02:40 PM.
Advert
Old 05-17-2021, 03:26 PM   #126
Hanspeter
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you that paranoid that you cannot properly register?
No, it is more that I'm happy to have the KV I got jailbroken now and do not what to risk an update over the air and I do not need the Amazone services.

As it looks like the latest update blocker are not 100% sure if they work.

HaPe
Old 05-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #127
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ok here we go. There are 3 menu options:
- copy reginfo from firmware to usb
- copy reginfo from usb to firmware
- create fake reginfo and copy it to firmware

The create fake reginfo function also adds the reg server to the /etc/hosts as localhost.

As normal copy the expanded fakereg folder into the /extensions folder of your kindle.
Looks nice, but your zip file has MACOSX droppings in it.
Old 05-30-2021, 02:41 PM   #128
Hanspeter
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Looks nice, but your zip file has MACOSX droppings in it.
Thanks, removed them and updated the attachment.

Hanspeter
Old 06-12-2021, 11:03 PM   #129
H2D2
H2D2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G US 3.4.2 & PW4 5.11.2
@ Hanspeter

Your hack also works on kindle US 3G 3.4.2. Nicely done, mate
H2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 06:27 AM   #130
kogi
kogi began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I registered my PW2 using the extension.

Not sure how this works, Is it safe to reset my kindle at a later date? Or do I have to do some special uninstall
kogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:18 PM   #131
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kogi View Post
I registered my PW2 using the extension.

Not sure how this works, Is it safe to reset my kindle at a later date? Or do I have to do some special uninstall
It is almost never safe to reset a jailbroken kindle if you want to keep the jailbreak. A reset followed by a firmware update will destroy the jailbreak.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:51 PM   #132
3RkLqmV
3RkLqmV began at the beginning.

Device: KOA3
Has this been tested on 5.12.4 or on KOA3 in general?
3RkLqmV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:56 PM   #133
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RkLqmV View Post
Has this been tested on 5.12.4 or on KOA3 in general?
If you are asking about fake register, yes, it worked for a jailbroken KOA3 running 5.12.4
Old 09-15-2021, 07:17 AM   #134
3RkLqmV
3RkLqmV began at the beginning.

Device: KOA3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
If you are asking about fake register, yes, it worked for a jailbroken KOA3 running 5.12.4
That sounds great, does the fakereg.zip also work, or just the manual process?
3RkLqmV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #135
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RkLqmV View Post
That sounds great, does the fakereg.zip also work, or just the manual process?
I only have experience with the manual process, so I can not say one way or the other regarding using the zip.

Tags
collections, fake registration, hacks, paperwhite, registration