Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 03:17 AM   #16
bookoffers
Connoisseur
bookoffers began at the beginning.

Device: NOne
Here are my top 5 Books available at BookOffers

My Top 1 books is written by Stephenie Meyer.
Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is written by Stieg Larsson
The Girl Who Played is written Stieg Larsson
Dukan Diet is written Pierre Dukan
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest is written Stieg Larsson

We already experience how twilight gross into cinema.No wonder if Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer could be famous also and place it on a big screen.
bookoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #17
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post

All of a sudden I'm curious if Catch-22 is available as an ebook. Hmm. I'll have to go try and search it out! Nope! That's ridiculous if you ask me.
Yes it is; I've got it in mobi format. It's so long since I've read mobi format books that I can't remember where I got it from.

Have you tried Inkmesh?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookoffers View Post
Here are my top 5 Books available at BookOffers

My Top 1 books is written by Stephenie Meyer.
Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is written by Stieg Larsson
The Girl Who Played is written Stieg Larsson
Dukan Diet is written Pierre Dukan
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest is written Stieg Larsson

We already experience how twilight gross into cinema.No wonder if Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer could be famous also and place it on a big screen.
What does this have to do with books that aren't available as ebooks?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #19
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I thought of another one: The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee. Tragic love story of spoiled rich girl and a robot. Don't snicker - it's great. I can't find my copy anymore and would love to read it in ebook format.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #20
Scurzuzu
Scurzuzu doesn't litterScurzuzu doesn't litter

Device: Kindle / iPhone / iPad
I'm a big fan of Cynthia Ozick and Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen), and I've been waiting for a while now for their works to make it to e-format.

(from Ozick)
The Puttermesser Papers
The Cannibal Galaxy
The Pagan Rabbi and Other Stories

(from Dinesen)
Seven Gothic Tales
Anecdotes of Destiny

I have a feeling these will become home scanning projects if I ever want to shift them to a digital device.
Scurzuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #21
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Your Dinesen recommendation reminds me of another I'd love to read digitally: West With the Night by Beryl Markham. Beautifully written memoir of a aviatrix in Africa. There's some controversy over whether she actually experienced some of her memoir personally, but nevertheless it's a gorgeously written book.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #22
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Dorothy Dunnett's Lymond Chronicles and Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series...

Yeah yeah, I know - that's 26 books hehe...
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #23
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I would agree with To Kill a Mockingbird and Harry Potter books. Almost sold my ereader in anger when I discovered they weren't available. Gimme a break.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 AM   #24
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Oh, man, how do I pick only five?

Venus Boy, by Lee Sutton.
Here Is Your War, by Ernie Pyle
The Exile Waiting, by Vonda McIntyre (there is some hope for this one)
The Overloaded Ark, by Gerald Durrell
Snakes: The Keeper and the Kept, by Carl Kauffeld

I guess that shows I have pretty eclectic taste in books!

There are probably hundreds of books (many of them long out of copyright) that I'd like as ebooks, and hundreds more that are available, but only DRM-restricted, and I will not buy a DRM-restricted book in principle.

Plus there are whole series I'd love to have as ebooks, but I'm not about to pay for them again, having already bought them as pbooks, and certainly not at twice the price I've already paid for the pbook, and DRM-locked besides.

What I'd really like to see some publishers do is run a trade-in system, where they (perhaps working in conjunction with large chain bookstores) would allow readers to exchange their pbooks for the corresponding ebooks for a nominal fee, then indelibly mark the books (punch holes, maybe?) so they couldn't be traded in again, and donate them to charity programs, libraries, schools, military libraries, or wherever else they'd do some good. Something like that would promote ebooks, promote reading, promote their authors, produce a small amount of revenue, and get them advertising and goodwill they couldn't buy at any cost. Plus it would make my library a whole lot less of a threat to the floor joists.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #25
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
PrairyErth by William Least Heat-Moon

Possession by A.S. Byatt

The Jewel in the Crown by Paul Scott (and the rest of the Raj Quartet)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #26
Paegan2246
Connoisseur
Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, iPod Touch, 3-160GB iPod classics
People above me have mentioned several books I would have put on my list (Milagro Beanfield War- the entire New Mexico trilogy for that matter; John Crowley's Little Big). Here are my five to add to the list:

The Gormenghast Trilogy - Mervyn Peake
Forever Amber - Kathleen Windsor
Peter the Great - Robert K. Massie
The Flashman Papers - George MacDonald Fraser (13 or so books I believe)
Desiree - Anna Marie Selenko
Paegan2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #27
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #28
piper10
piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 2, iPad, PW2
- the Harry Potter series, even though I do have them in hardback.
- Silence of the Lambs
- How to Win Friends and Influence People (Dale Carnegie)
- Emotional Intelligence (Daniel Goleman)
- The Ivy Tree (Mary Stewart)

Plus many more. I put the paper versions of the books I'm waiting for on my Amazon wish list, and I keep checking back.
piper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:03 AM   #29
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper10 View Post
- Silence of the Lambs
- How to Win Friends and Influence People (Dale Carnegie)
- Emotional Intelligence (Daniel Goleman)
Interestingly enough these three are available at Amazon, but not for US customers.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #30
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Just one

Shibumi by Trevanian

Bought the paperback but it's falling literally appart and haven't been able to find it anywhere =/

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote