Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
m0ngr31
Connoisseur
m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Convert set of HTML pages to Mobi

So I have a set of HTML files that I've created that have a structure that looks like this:

Root Folder
-index.html (with questions)
-\Answers
--1.html
--2.html
--3.html
--etc.

In the index.html file there are about 150 questions that all link to the respective html file in the Answers folder, and the html file there links back to a spot on the index.html page (ex. <a href="../index.html#1">).

Is there a way to make that work in a .mobi file? I've tried zipping up the file and importing that into Calibre, but it would only show the original index.html file and won't link to the others.

Any suggestions I can do to make this work?
m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
You could try to add only the index file to Calibre.
As far as I know, Calibre should then import the index file and all files linked to it and put it in a zip automatically.

Mobipocket creator could do the same, if all files were located in the same folder. So maybe KindleGen can do it too.

Last edited by Sunlite; 12-25-2013 at 05:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
For Kindlegen, you'd need to create an opf file that has all the necessary files properly manifested. You then feed that opf to kindlegen/previewer to build the kindlebook.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
For Kindlegen, you'd need to create an opf file that has all the necessary files properly manifested. You then feed that opf to kindlegen/previewer to build the kindlebook.
And there is information on how to build an OPF in our wiki.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 12-25-2013 at 02:08 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Diap:

I think it would be faster/easier, depending on what s/he needs it for, to put the HTML into Sigil, then regex the links from the index into the correct paths. From there, it would be simplicity itself to finish an ePUB, and then drag it onto Kindlegen/KindlePreviewer to make a mobi, don't you think?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
From there, it would be simplicity itself to finish an ePUB, and then drag it onto Kindlegen/KindlePreviewer to make a mobi, don't you think?

Hitch
Absolutely. It's just that when I see that someone has created multiple html files, I assume (perhaps mistakenly) that they are trying to learn how to build an ebook "from scratch."

Plus, I figure learning how to manually create an opf file is just good practice/fundamentals.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:03 AM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Absolutely. It's just that when I see that someone has created multiple html files, I assume (perhaps mistakenly) that they are trying to learn how to build an ebook "from scratch."

Plus, I figure learning how to manually create an opf file is just good practice/fundamentals.
Of course, you are perfectly correct.

I think I misread the original intent, and thought that the ease of it was the goal, not the learning. I truly don't recall now...holiday brain melt.

hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote