Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 02:08 AM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
And sending it is an option I always forget to turn off when I reinstall Tapatalk (as I did recently on pure dislike of the newest beta build).
Mine turns back on after every upgrade so I just leave it on so it doesn't revert to the advertisement tag promoting Tapatalk.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:59 PM   #17
Phyllis41
Wizardess
Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Galaxy Note 3
Agreed! Besides The Lounge, there should be one more area called The Porch where grumpy geezers cursed to have sullen faces and no laughs can sit alone, fart alone, frowning and yelling all the day at playing neighborhood kids - seriously!

And yes, the use of emoticons should be disabled in The Porch.

Last edited by Phyllis41; 03-23-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added emoticon..
Phyllis41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #18
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I don't go into the Lounge because it seems to be full of perpetual threads that seem to have been going on forever.

That they are still going on are a testament to how much their participants enjoy them, but there are so many of them that they overwhelm infrequent posters (or maybe just me) and get in the way of any new topics that might be started (because all I can't see past the long string of "unutterably silly" tags).

I don't know what the solution is. My personal solution is to just stay out of the Lounge and I take my off-topic subjects and comments to other forums that appear to change discussion topics more often.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #19
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I just scroll till I find the thread I want to post in.
I see a grand total of 11 Silly threads on the first page of the Lounge.
And not all of them are at the top.
Oh and the threads I have started seem to fall until needed.

The way this thread is presented I thought there were at least 100 silly threads.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #20
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I just scroll till I find the thread I want to post in.
I see a grand total of 11 Silly threads on the first page of the Lounge.
And not all of them are at the top.
Oh and the threads I have started seem to fall until needed.

The way this thread is presented I thought there were at least 100 silly threads.
The only reason I come to the Lounge is for some of the silly threads, although I don't post in them generally, but I do see the point here.

I only see 11 threads with the tag on the first tab but of the top 16 threads, 15 of them should have the tag. Last 2 letters, Word Association, In your cup, and name in a song should all have the tag. Below those I still count 5 games/or other "silly" threads, so overall 20 out of 25 on the first tab right now. A couple of those could go either way but either way it will be over 60% of the first tab.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #21
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
The only reason I come to the Lounge is for some of the silly threads, although I don't post in them generally, but I do see the point here.

I only see 11 threads with the tag on the first tab but of the top 16 threads, 15 of them should have the tag. Last 2 letters, Word Association, In your cup, and name in a song should all have the tag. Below those I still count 5 games/or other "silly" threads, so overall 20 out of 25 on the first tab right now. A couple of those could go either way but either way it will be over 60% of the first tab.
So 40% are not silly. Perhaps adding a game tag would help.
I figure if someone wants to talk about a topic, they should start a thread. Last time I looked starting a thread or posting in a thread brought that thread to the top. If others are interested, they will post in that thread.
Heck the other day, in a different forum on here I had to go to page 4 to find the thread I needed. I wasn't that inconvenienced.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Our math is off. By your calculation, that would be 80% and sounds about right for a lounge.
Lounges are generally for relaxing or escaping from real life.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #23
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
My math assumes that only the 4 threads I specifically mentioned are actually "silly". 80% would be with the other 5, so you are correct there and I should have been more specific.

Back to the OP's point, if someone wants to discuss off-topic things, meaning non-(e)book related items, they have to wade thru 60-80% "unutterably silly" threads in the lounge to do that and it would be nice to have another forum for "off topic but not unutterably silly". Like I said, it doesn't really affect me since I very rarely post there but I do understand that desire.

And I know there is also the P&R forum for that type of off-topic discussion but ... I can't even imagine what it is like today and I don't want to find out.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:14 PM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
And I know there is also the P&R forum for that type of off-topic discussion but ... I can't even imagine what it is like today and I don't want to find out.
Most of it is also "unutterably silly"
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:53 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's getting worse. WE NEED TO MOVE THE SILLY STUFF in the the Lounge to it's own forum so it can be ignored if wanted. There's more and more of it showing in the new posts. If we ignore the silly stuff, we'll also ignore the other stuff as well. So please give us what we need which is a separate silly forum section. Don't ignore the will of the people.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:54 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
This was tried once, a few years back. The result was so toxic that the new forum was deleted.

The problem then was that the "serious" folks looked down on anyone who participated in the silliness, and that sneering attitude did not lead to peace when the loung was sundered in two.
And Sony tried a front light and it too failed. But now we have successful front lights for Readers. Kobo has even taken it one step farther. So please, don't be like Sony.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #27
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's getting worse. WE NEED TO MOVE THE SILLY STUFF in the the Lounge to it's own forum so it can be ignored if wanted. There's more and more of it showing in the new posts. If we ignore the silly stuff, we'll also ignore the other stuff as well. So please give us what we need which is a separate silly forum section. Don't ignore the will of the people.
Will says he likes the lounge just as it is.
Did you know that you can actually put threads on ignore and they won't show up in New posts?
What you don't like seeing my "Winning" posts every few hours?

I'm gonna go cry now.
Though I guess since you said something, I will make sure my posts are serious from now on.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Will says he likes the lounge just as it is.
Did you know that you can actually put threads on ignore and they won't show up in New posts?
What you don't like seeing my "Winning" posts every few hours?

I'm gonna go cry now.
Though I guess since you said something, I will make sure my posts are serious from now on.
The reason I'd like things separated is I can then go an visit the silly posts when I want and I don't have to see them clogging the new post list.

It would make a lot more sense to have them in their own forum. otherwise it's just rather annoying. And if you read back, you'll see I'm not the only one who wants this.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #29
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
The reason I'd like things separated is I can then go an visit the silly posts when I want and I don't have to see them clogging the new post list.

It would make a lot more sense to have them in their own forum. otherwise it's just rather annoying. And if you read back, you'll see I'm not the only one who wants this.
I saw that. The thing is: are there enough like-minded people to warrant the new forum and as Nate pointed out are there enough mods to handle the sneerers?

Now: I do want to thank you. I didn't even realize there was a new posts thing until I saw you mention it. I just look at the main page and if anyone has posted in the forums I read since I was last on. If so, I click on the forum and see if anyone has posted in the threads I am reading. I just skip over the rest. It takes like 5 seconds to look, except for the Kobo thread. It takes about 30 seconds because it is so active.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #30
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
And also that there are several that don't want it (including me).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote