Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
eduardomb
eduardomb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre2opds

Anyway to use Calibre2opds with any cloud service? I couldn't make it work with dropbox and gdrive. I think they disable the use of it.

Or any other way to access opds from a cloud with koreader? I don't wanna use local calibre. I wanna use a cloud service to download the books.

Thanks for any help and sorry for my english.
eduardomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:26 AM   #2
MidtJyden
MidtJyden began at the beginning.

Device: Aldiko on Android
I'm Syncronizing my Calibre2OPDS catalog and Calibre folders to a website located to my own Synology NAS's web server.
I'm using FreeFileSync to this.
This means i have an back up of my Calibre Library on the NAS and I can download the books I want from my ebookreader PocketBook Lux 2 and my mobile phone either over my local network or over the Internet.
/Midtjyden
MidtJyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardomb View Post
Anyway to use Calibre2opds with any cloud service? I couldn't make it work with dropbox and gdrive. I think they disable the use of it.

Or any other way to access opds from a cloud with koreader? I don't wanna use local calibre. I wanna use a cloud service to download the books.

Thanks for any help and sorry for my english.
It is worth pointing out that the Calibre2opds documentation now covers how you can have your Calibre library and Calibre2opds catalog on DropBox with https://updog.co being used to provide the necessary web site handling fronting DropBox.

Having said that having them hosted on a home NAS is a very viable solution for many users (and is how I run my own library).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote