Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #346
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leYtor View Post
Just the popup text file is good enough, thanks
I uploaded a new version to the main post (2.0.13b) with the option to edit the biography. In settings under Amazon, you'll find the checkbox there to enable it, then when you build an author profile it will ask to open it in notepad so you can edit it the first time, then it will just read that.
Let me know if it works for you or if it should be changed.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #347
leYtor
leYtor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle PW3
Wow, that was fast.
Thanks, i'll try

--------------[EDIT]--------------
I tested.

The first time I run, x-ray builder give me an error while downloading the author's picture, but on the second try, worked perfectly.

Thank you and if it is not asking too much, could you add an option in the settings to choose which Amazon site x-ray builder should get the book information (start and end actions)? In some cases, the book is not found in the amazon US.
I posted the log below for references:

Spoiler:
Running X-Ray Builder GUI v2.0.13.0. Log started on 09/05/2016 at 17:27:30.
Extracting metadata...
Got metadata!
Database Name: Dia_21
ASIN: B00TUDBP20
Author: Kass Morgan
Title: Dia 21
UniqueID: 2539955762
Attempting to build Author Profile...
Searching for author's page on Amazon...
Author page found on Amazon!
Author's Amazon Page URL: http://www.amazon.com/Kass-Morgan/e/B00E0N14DU
Author biography found on Amazon!
Saving biography to C:\Users\Ricardo\Downloads\xray-builder-gui-v2.0.13b\ext\B00E0N14DU.bio
Using biography from C:\Users\Ricardo\Downloads\xray-builder-gui-v2.0.13b\ext\B00E0N14DU.bio.
An error occurred downloading the author image: Unable to connect to the remote server
Extracting metadata...
Got metadata!
Database Name: Dia_21
ASIN: B00TUDBP20
Author: Kass Morgan
Title: Dia 21
UniqueID: 2539955762
Author's Amazon Page URL: http://www.amazon.com/Kass-Morgan/e/B00E0N14DU
Using biography from C:\Users\Ricardo\Downloads\xray-builder-gui-v2.0.13b\ext\B00E0N14DU.bio.
Downloading author image...
Resizing and cropping Author image...
Grayscale Base-64 encoded author image created!
Gathering author's other books...
Gathering metadata for other books...
Writing Author Profile to file...
Author Profile file created successfully!
Saved to C:\Users\Ricardo\Downloads\xray-builder-gui-v2.0.13b\out\Kass Morgan\Dia 21\AuthorProfile.profile.B00TUDBP20.asc
Attempting to build Start Actions and End Actions...
Attempting to find book on Amazon...
Book found on Amazon!
Book's Amazon page URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TUDBP20
An error ocurred while downloading book's Amazon page: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Your ASIN may not be correct.

The book tested doesn't exist at amazon.com, but exists in amazon.com.br

--------------[EDIT 2]--------------
Found a error in 2.0.13b.
When i trie to start a action, the source bullet selector change from "file" to "goodreads/shelfari" resulting in a error.

Last edited by leYtor; 05-09-2016 at 05:54 PM.
leYtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #348
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The first time I run, x-ray builder give me an error while downloading the author's picture, but on the second try, worked perfectly
That seems to be happening randomly lately, but I haven't had it happen personally. The best thing for that is to turn on the "Save HTML" option so that it captures an authorprofilehtml.txt file in the dmp folder (I think). Then if you get that error, you can send me the txt file so we can see why it failed to parse properly!

Quote:
When i tried to start a action, the source bullet selector change from "file" to "goodreads/shelfari" resulting in a error.
Whoops, I've re-uploaded 2.0.13b with a fix for that.

Quote:
The book tested doesn't exist at amazon.com, but exists in amazon.com.br
At some point I'm hoping to add multiple options for Amazon, but it won't be any time soon. Even then, it would only be on request (since you mentioned it, I can add .com.br to the list of possibilities).
Old 05-09-2016, 10:47 PM   #349
leYtor
leYtor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle PW3
Thank you for the fix.
I know I'm getting repetitive, but I would like to thank you again by exelente work in this software.
leYtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:43 PM   #350
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Thank you for the fix.
I know I'm getting repetitive, but I would like to thank you again by exelente work in this software.
Thanks for making use of it!
Advert
Old 05-20-2016, 01:44 PM   #351
sokolb
sokolb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Hi
I have a problem. I was trying to use X-Ray builder for the first time, but everytime I try to use it I am getting this error :
Quote:
An error occurred gathering metadata for other books: Error finding book ratings. If you want, you can report the book's Amazon URL to help with parsing.
Error: Input string was not in a correct format.
Any idea what to do? I don't really need ratings of any books, just want X-Ray to work.
sokolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #352
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolb View Post
Hi
I have a problem. I was trying to use X-Ray builder for the first time, but everytime I try to use it I am getting this error :

Any idea what to do? I don't really need ratings of any books, just want X-Ray to work.
If you *just* want the X-Ray, you can hit the other build button instead. It looks like you hit the extras button that builds the author profile and start/end actions, which are optional.
Either way, if you let me know what the Amazon URL was that it was using, I can have a look at it and either improve the parsing on it or possibly allow it to continue if the ratings search failed.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #353
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
On my original Voyage (which I'm returning today as faulty), when I use the "About this Book" feature, a nice little window pops up with book details, average time to read from Goodreads, etc.

On my replacement Voyage (and bear in mind I simply copied over the documents folder from old to new, so it's the exact same Xray and .asc files etc as the old Voyage) choosing "About this Book" simply takes me to the book in the Kindle Store.

Also worth noting this latter behaviour is also what happen on my girlfriend's 2015 Paperwhite.

All Kindles mentioned are on latest firmware.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:51 AM   #354
sokolb
sokolb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Either way, if you let me know what the Amazon URL was that it was using, I can have a look at it and either improve the parsing on it or possibly allow it to continue if the ratings search failed.
I will just give you the whole log from X-Ray builder.
Spoiler:
Got metadata!
Database Name: A_Clash_of_Kings
ASIN: B004L9MFM2
Author: George R. R. Martin
Title: A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2)
UniqueID: 989692367
Author's Amazon Page URL: http://www.amazon.com/George-R.-R.-Martin/e/B000APIGH4
Author biography found on Amazon!
Downloading author image...
Resizing and cropping Author image...
Grayscale Base-64 encoded author image created!
Error finding book ratings. If you want, you can report the book's Amazon URL to help with parsing.
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DH07FAS
Book: The Hedge Knight: The Graphic Novel (A Game of Thrones)
Continuing anyway...
Error finding book ratings. If you want, you can report the book's Amazon URL to help with parsing.
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP5H0IC
Book: The Sworn Sword: The Graphic Novel (A Game of Thrones)
Continuing anyway...
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N01TMFA
Book: Rogues
Continuing anyway...
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I6EJ3Q
Book: In the House of the Worm
Continuing anyway...
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I6EIKU
Book: The Glass Flower
Continuing anyway...
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009SS9632
Book: Tuf Voyaging
Continuing anyway...
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OVEY4O
Book: Die Herren von Winterfell (Das Lied von Eis und Feuer, Band 1)
Continuing anyway...
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H29VJH0
Book: Portraits of His Children
Continuing anyway...
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D5VM8OM
Book: Meathouse Man (The Grinder Comics Series)
Continuing anyway...
URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HNNIBA
Book: Wild Cards: Death Draws Five
Continuing anyway...
Writing Author Profile to file...
Author Profile file created successfully!
Saved to C:\xxx\AuthorProfile.profile.B004L9MFM2.asc
Attempting to build Start Actions and End Actions...
Attempting to find book on Amazon...
Book found on Amazon!
Book's Amazon page URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004L9MFM2
An error ocurred parsing Amazon info: Error finding book ratings. If you want, you can report the book's Amazon URL to help with parsing.

And you were right, I just tried creating only X-Ray and it works just fine, nevertheless if you will be able to fix this bit, I will probably try it out as well, just to see how it works.
Thanks
sokolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #355
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
On my original Voyage (which I'm returning today as faulty), when I use the "About this Book" feature, a nice little window pops up with book details, average time to read from Goodreads, etc.

On my replacement Voyage (and bear in mind I simply copied over the documents folder from old to new, so it's the exact same Xray and .asc files etc as the old Voyage) choosing "About this Book" simply takes me to the book in the Kindle Store.

Also worth noting this latter behaviour is also what happen on my girlfriend's 2015 Paperwhite.

All Kindles mentioned are on latest firmware.
Not sure on that one. My PW1 does the same thing, so I was never actually able to see the 'about this book' screen to test it; darrenmcg did all the extras stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolb View Post
I will just give you the whole log from X-Ray builder.
And you were right, I just tried creating only X-Ray and it works just fine, nevertheless if you will be able to fix this bit, I will probably try it out as well, just to see how it works.
Thanks
I'll have a look at it soon and see what I find out. Thanks for using a spoiler tag!
Old 05-21-2016, 05:12 PM   #356
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Not sure on that one. My PW1 does the same thing, so I was never actually able to see the 'about this book' screen to test it; darrenmcg did all the extras stuff.
Perhaps you could forward to him? Thanks
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #357
darrenmcg
Enthusiast
darrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Voyage 5.8.9.2
Have you tried rebuilding the files using the latest version of X-Ray Builder GUI and copying them to your Voyage?
They work fine on my Voyage running 5.7.4...
darrenmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #358
jazavchar
jazavchar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Thanks for making this cool little program, however, I'm having a weird issue. No matter what book I try, and no matter what I do, X-ray builder downloads ONLY 5 terms (characters). I've checked the Goodreads page and there are a lot more characters for the books I'm trying to build an x-ray for. What could be the problem here?
jazavchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:10 AM   #359
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazavchar View Post
Thanks for making this cool little program, however, I'm having a weird issue. No matter what book I try, and no matter what I do, X-ray builder downloads ONLY 5 terms (characters). I've checked the Goodreads page and there are a lot more characters for the books I'm trying to build an x-ray for. What could be the problem here?
Wow, sorry I missed your post, I never got an email notification! If you are still having trouble with that book, which Goodreads page is it that isn't working?
Old 06-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #360
Ephemerality
Addict

I have uploaded a new version (2.0.13c), still to be considered a beta.
Support has been added for building the Author Profile and End Actions using other Amazon regions (co.uk, br, au, etc) but is still quite experimental as each region seems to use slightly different formatting from the .com site.
Most of the functions will fall back to .com if they fail, but not all (a warning will show up in the log).
As always, let me know if you run into troubles either here or a private message.

Tags
x-ray