Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Unhappy PDF sizes on the reader

When I read PDFs on the Reader and set the size to M that doesn't seem to 'hold'. After a few pages the screen size is back to small but the Reader still tells me it's on M. When I resize back to S and then back to M it goes all medium sized again but after a page or two it's back to small...anybody else have this??
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It's been reported a number of times, grimo1re, but I don't think anyone's come up with a direct solution to it.

The closest anyone's come is to format the PDF's 'pages' to the same size as the Reader's display in the first place, crop the margins on the PDF, or run it through something like PDFRasterfarian to chop the pages up so they fit on the display better.

Personally, I just stay away from PDF's, but I understand that that's not an option for everyone.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote