Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
DNA Cowboy
DNA Cowboy began at the beginning.

Device: IPAD 2
ITunes 11.1.0.126 IBooks No Longer Displaying New Epubs

Hello

First of all I want to say how wonderful Calibre has been for me and it breaks my heart to discover a recent ITunes update seems to have broken it :-(

I updated to the 'ICloud' and new Itunes 11.1.0.126 and suddenly no new epub uploads would appear in IBooks after syncing my device.

The books all appear in ITunes but will not display to Ibooks.

As a result I attempted to:

1: un-install and re-install Calibre
2: un-install and re-install ITunes
3: reboot my pc after each installation
4: run through preferences to ensure everything is the same.

With no result.
Subsequently I am at a complete loss and can only assume that 11.1.0.126 is not supported by Calibre?

Many thanks in advance
DNA Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA Cowboy View Post
Hello

First of all I want to say how wonderful Calibre has been for me and it breaks my heart to discover a recent ITunes update seems to have broken it :-(

Spoiler:
I updated to the 'ICloud' and new Itunes 11.1.0.126 and suddenly no new epub uploads would appear in IBooks after syncing my device.

With no result.
Subsequently I am at a complete loss and can only assume that 11.1.0.126 is not supported by Calibre?

Many thanks in advance
What OS are you running? Have you installed a beta version of OS X Mavericks (10.9)? I am fairly certain that the upcoming release of OS X 10.9 will break calibre + iTunes, as iBooks for OS X will take book management away from iTunes.

I am running OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and iTunes 11.1 (126), and I am able to connect to iTunes and see the books installed there.

I also tested with the iOS reader applications plugin with iBooks as the preferred reading application. Again, works for me.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 09-24-2013 at 06:27 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA Cowboy View Post
Hello

With no result.

Many thanks in advance
I'm not sure if this is your problem but something similar has happened to me before, usually after an iPad software update but possibly also with an update to iTunes.
With your iPad connected to iTunes, go to the Books section and see if the setting there has switched from Sync All Books to Selected Books. Seems much too simple but it's burned me a couple of times now.
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:15 AM   #4
Stu109
Enthusiast
Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.

Device: Apple
I have never had an issue until the release that came out yesterday (12.7.0.166). A’s of this release all functionality relating to I Books has been officially removed. The only “Apple” way to get e-books now is via the I books app.

In IOS 11 as a work around copying The ebook to the files app and opening from there actually puts the book into ibooks.
Stu109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:08 PM   #5
lsacher
lsacher began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6
You may want to try Syncios, it seems to cover a lot of situations, free and paid versions.

Syncios - iOS & Android Manager (Mac and Windows)
http://www.syncios.com/
lsacher is offline   Reply With Quote