Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 12:21 PM   #16
Schattenjager
Schattenjager began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 740
@hius07, installed the latest hotfix after updating, but only in a very strange and complicated way described above)
Schattenjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #17
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
@Schattenjager, have you installed the latest hotfix before upgrading to 5.12.2?

It is interesting, why someone can install the hotfix after upgrade, and someone cannot.
I seem to recall heaing that different teams build for each target platform, so there might be differences among them despite the version numbering.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2019, 01:38 PM   #18
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I seem to recall heaing that different teams build for each target platform, so there might be differences among them despite the version numbering.

Dave
Maybe so, but we have two different reports about PW3.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Occam's razor (and my own cynicism) would suggest that the fault lies in one of the user's purported actions (i.e., they did it wrong ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:33 AM   #20
studynet
Enthusiast
studynet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 10th
Hi!!

Then can I already do downgrade?
I am new to this and I wonder what I can earn by doing jalibreak with the kindle?
I am seeing that my kindle consumes battery nothing to do with the old 4gb model.
Although it lasts quite a bit, I still notice a difference.
The screen all the time is suspended every time or ads come out and that consumes battery. I know that the ads can be removed, but I have been informed that even if they are deactivated it is still suspended.
I was at 5.12.1 but as I saw that nothing could be done, I updated to 5.12.2 to see the improvements.
My annoyance is that I use to study and the kindle is suspended all the time is annoying and cannot be deactivated.
I have called amazon several times complaining about this and giving ideas to implement but I don't know if they pay attention.
studynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #21
deoboy
deoboy began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon kindle Touch 2 kt2
I am having PW2, after accidental update from fw5. 7.x to 5.12.2 i am unable to install latest hotfix with update error code 007. Even downgrading attempt also failed. Prior to update jailbreak was working perfectly fine.

Just wondering if there is a way to revive jailbreak?
Kaul-kdk.azw2 is opening but unable to perform any operation

Last edited by deoboy; 11-12-2019 at 08:08 AM.
deoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:41 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoboy View Post
I am having PW2, after accidental update from fw5. 7.x to 5.12.2 i am unable to install latest hotfix with update error code 007. Even downgrading attempt also failed. Prior to update jailbreak was working perfectly fine.

Just wondering if there is a way to revive jailbreak?
Kaul-kdk.azw2 is opening but unable to perform any operation
Hmmm....
This is a thread about the PW4 not about the PW2.
Your firmware was updated, not down graded like this thread.
Let me guess now....
You just posted to the topmost thread on the list.

Well who ever said I didn't play nice in the sandbox with the other kids (my kg teacher said that). So...

You do not give any hints about what you mean by "the current hotfix".
With the update in your firmware, you must:
1) Use the packages posted in the "NiLuJe snapshots" thread.
(your use of the "current hotfix" is probably not as current as you think it is)
2) Your new firmware version no longer supports the type of KUAL that you are trying to use.
(note: there are four 'types' of KUAL packages now, all in the same posting)

You would be best served to start by reading the first post of the sticky thread: "The new and improved jailbreak index".
You do not need to install a jailbreak, yours is most likely still installed but you should follow the reading on all other points in that post.
Reading the directions of each of the things you will need to install would not hurt you any, there have been a lot of changes since 5.7

Last edited by knc1; 11-12-2019 at 08:45 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #23
banid0
banid0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
Hello everyone!
I would like to thank you all by the support, great community.
I also would like to announce that with a help of a forum member that contacted me in private, I was able to reverse my Kindle PW4 the FW 5.10.3 to 5.10.1.3 and jailbreak it.
I just installed KUAL and Kindle Lazy

The credit will be given and a tutorial will be released. I have photos as proof

It is working!

Thank you!
banid0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #24
Uphantom89
Enthusiast
Uphantom89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by banid0 View Post
Hello everyone!
I also would like to announce that with a help of a forum member that contacted me in private, I was able to reverse my Kindle PW4 the FW 5.10.3 to 5.10.1.3 and jailbreak it.

The credit will be given and a tutorial will be released. I have photos as proof

It is working!

Thank you!
Wow, interesting news.
Did you got your PW4 5.10.3 jailbreak in advance before downgrade to 5.10.1.3?
Uphantom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:50 AM   #25
banid0
banid0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
No, I had to revert first.
banid0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #26
lucasrato
Enthusiast
lucasrato began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by banid0 View Post
Hello everyone!

It is working!

Thank you!
Please, explain it!!! I want my JB Back
lucasrato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #27
deoboy
deoboy began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon kindle Touch 2 kt2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hmmm....
This is a thread about the PW4 not about the PW2.
Your firmware was updated, not down graded like this thread.
Let me guess now....
You just posted to the topmost thread on the list.

Well who ever said I didn't play nice in the sandbox with the other kids (my kg teacher said that). So...

You do not give any hints about what you mean by "the current hotfix".
With the update in your firmware, you must:
1) Use the packages posted in the "NiLuJe snapshots" thread.
(your use of the "current hotfix" is probably not as current as you think it is)
2) Your new firmware version no longer supports the type of KUAL that you are trying to use.
(note: there are four 'types' of KUAL packages now, all in the same posting)

You would be best served to start by reading the first post of the sticky thread: "The new and improved jailbreak index".
You do not need to install a jailbreak, yours is most likely still installed but you should follow the reading on all other points in that post.
Reading the directions of each of the things you will need to install would not hurt you any, there have been a lot of changes since 5.7

I am absolutely sorry for the wrong thread... Will take care of it next time... However to answer your questions about hotfix and Kaul, I have tried all 4 version available of KAUL. By saying current hotfix I was referring to hotfix available in NiLuJe snapshots updated in Oct-2019.

I read through a lot of post and found this thread closest to my problem.. Anyway I apologize again if I would had broken any forum rule. Just searching for help
deoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:08 PM   #28
marinai
marinai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4/KPW-3/Kindle3/Pocketbook-Touch Lux3/Kobo-Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
As the latest hotfix sets the flag PRE_GM_DEBUGGING_FEATURES_ENABLED__REMOVE_AT_GMC, we can assume that the function of this flag (allow downgrade) has been restored in 5.12.
Need more confirmation from users.
Are there instructions to manually set PRE_GM_DEBUGGING_FEATURES_ENABLED__REMOVE_AT_GMC flag?
marinai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #29
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinai View Post
Are there instructions to manually set PRE_GM_DEBUGGING_FEATURES_ENABLED__REMOVE_AT_GMC flag?
If it's not set by hotfix before, you're screwed (as I was). The most important part the flag does is function of the devkey.
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:34 PM   #30
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinai View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=288836
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote