Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-06-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
[IOS] uploading books not requested

I'm new to the Ipad 11, so may not have the settings correct on cc. When I connect through Wireless to Calibre on my Windows 10 pc, I get "upload [some number] books to device" that I did not request to be uploaded. I have tried turning off sync in cc so that newer books are not sent, but it turns itself on when I connect. How do I get calibre or cc not to sync books not asked for? [May be a Calibre thing, not cc - if so please move to correct thread area]
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Doesn't the Reading list Plugin send books upon connection.

CC's wdc is a cloud type USB cable It would behave the same as a direct connect
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Doesn't the Reading list Plugin send books upon connection.

CC's wdc is a cloud type USB cable It would behave the same as a direct connect
I don't have the Reading list Plugin, but thanks. I'm not sure about the other. It just doesn't seem to work the same as on my Android. Maybe nothing is wrong, just uses different vocabulary. I'll keep looking.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #4
peaceridge
Guru

Is downloading new metadata in Android cc the same as upload books to device in IOS?
Old 03-07-2019, 05:16 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Is downloading new metadata in Android cc the same as upload books to device in IOS?
What program is showing that message, CC or calibre? I suspect CC because I can't find that message anywhere in calibre.

A calibre debug log (this tells you how to get one) will tell you/us what is happening, including whether metadata or actual books are being sent.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #6
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
What program is showing that message, CC or calibre? I suspect CC because I can't find that message anywhere in calibre.

A calibre debug log (this tells you how to get one) will tell you/us what is happening, including whether metadata or actual books are being sent.
Will do. In the meantime, from cc FAQ, both "Attached files: cc_debug_log.txt, calibre_debug_log.txt"
give "You are not authorized".
Old 03-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In the meantime, from cc FAQ, both "Attached files: cc_debug_log.txt, calibre_debug_log.txt"
give "You are not authorized".
Thanks. This is a bug in the FAQ manager I use. I was able to fix it.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:45 AM   #8
peaceridge
Guru

Chaley, I finally got to try to send you the debug log. Following the instructions, when I press on "Send a debug log to MultiPie", nothing happens.

I figured out cc on the ipad is redownloading every book I had formally put on it. Is there a setting that I might have changed/missed to cause this?
Old 03-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Chaley, I finally got to try to send you the debug log. Following the instructions, when I press on "Send a debug log to MultiPie", nothing happens.
I don't have an apple device so I can't test this. However, we do get debug logs from iOS devices so it can work. Do you have a mail program configured on the ipad?
Quote:
I figured out cc on the ipad is redownloading every book I had formally put on it. Is there a setting that I might have changed/missed to cause this?
It re-downloads every book every time you connect? That is weird.

I have never seen the settings for iOS CC so I can't speculate. They were supposed to be very similar to Android CC.

Hmmm ... I just remembered something. I heard of problems if the device and the calibre computer are not configured with the same time zone. Is that a possibility?
Old 03-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #10
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I don't have an apple device so I can't test this. However, we do get debug logs from iOS devices so it can work. Do you have a mail program configured on the ipad?

Actually I do not! This is my first Apple product in 30 years. Obviously I have a lot to learn.

It re-downloads every book every time you connect? That is weird.

I have never seen the settings for iOS CC so I can't speculate. They were supposed to be very similar to Android CC.

Hmmm ... I just remembered something. I heard of problems if the device and the calibre computer are not configured with the same time zone. Is that a possibility? That appears to be the problem! Thanks so much.

Reset the time zone and connected to cc - all is fine now - not redownloading. Whatever caused it, it is fixed. Thanks so much for your help.