Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Bump KUAL KUAL+ extention

Edit: This extension is possibly obsoleted by NiLuJe's latest update to KUAL itself
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...85&postcount=6
but he warns that it might get broken in some future firmware update, so Bump KUAL might temporarily be come useful again.

Original post:

Attached is a KUAL extension for KUAL booklet users to move the listing for KUAL to the top of the Recent view. This does not take effect until some other document is opened and closed.

The technique used is discussed in the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314510

The order of listing in Recent view is based on the last access time in the cc.db database. This gets updated for most documents when they are closed, including the kindlet versions of KUAL. Kindle firmware greater than 5.8.x does not support kindlets so the booklet form of KUAL was created. But, for some reason, the last access time for the KUAL booklet does not get updated. This KUAL extension updates the KUAL last access time to the current time plus 999 seconds. This will keep KUAL at the top of the Recent listing for about 15 minutes. After that, as books are opened and closed, they will be listed above KUAL until it is bumped again.

This has been tested and works on PW3 5.9.6.1 and 5.10.2 and on KOA2 5.9.2

This extension requires the sqlite3 binary from the python package, so it depends on python being installed. The python package is available in the "Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks" thread at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
under "Packages targeting the Kindle 5 (Touch/PW1/PW2/KT2/KV/PW3/KOA/KT3/KOA2/PW4):"
Attached Files
File Type: gz basic-KUAL-bumpKUAL.tar.gz (646 Bytes, 320 views)

Last edited by j.p.s; 01-28-2019 at 12:29 PM. Reason: now obsolete
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Neat.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Thanks.

Also works fine on PW3 5.10.2

Before: Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2019_01_27T12_33_19-0500.png
Views:	611
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	169325 After: Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2019_01_27T12_34_32-0500.png
Views:	561
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	169326
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Can you set the last access time to, say, 2020 and keep it on top for a year?
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:01 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Can you set the last access time to, say, 2020 and keep it on top for a year?
I have some dim memory that the Kindle decides that dates "too far" in the future are invalid and doesn't show those documents at all. This can happen when the Kindle's idea of what time it is "now" is wildly wrong. When I saw that 999 seconds was OK, I was a little surprised, but did not investigate further.

The extensions/BumpKUAL/bin/BumpKUAL.sh is only 3 lines. Feel free to change the 999 to any number of seconds you like, and let us know how it goes.
Advert
Old 01-28-2019, 10:41 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I, errm, *may* have just fixed KUAL... Oops.

>= 2.7.15 should now properly update its atime on exit.

As usual, it relies on obfuscated methods, so this may not be entirely future-proof, but it appears to behave properly on my PW2 on 5.9.7.

I've updated the patched version, too, but here be dragons .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #7
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

>= 2.7.15 should now properly update its atime on exit.

As usual, it relies on obfuscated methods, so this may not be entirely future-proof, but it appears to behave properly on my PW2 on 5.9.7.

And on my PW3 5.10.2 too.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@PoP: Yay!
Old 10-21-2019, 03:49 AM   #9
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Can I use this extension to permanently pin KUAL to the very end? I don't want it show up in front of my books.

Before, I used KUAL from about a year ago (December 2018), and it didn't update properly. I used search bar to access KUAL, that was very neat.

Now I updated KUAL to the most recent version, and now it bumps to the top of the books list
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #10
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Can I use this extension to permanently pin KUAL to the very end? I don't want it show up in front of my books.

Before, I used KUAL from about a year ago (December 2018), and it didn't update properly. I used search bar to access KUAL, that was very neat.

Now I updated KUAL to the most recent version, and now it bumps to the top of the books list
Not permanently. The best that could be done would be to send it to the end until the next time KUAL is used.

You need to either change to a version earlier that The one that NiLuJe made the fix, or make your own version that does not update the access time.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:04 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The "offending" commit being e3361f5 .