Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-07-2023, 08:07 AM   #1141
nezih
Enthusiast
nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Aura SE
To clarify, the Spanish.zip I uploaded is neither a Kobo nor a StarDict dictionary. It is a json file only showing prefixes, suffixes and cross products of words. The ones I uploaded below at r3turn3r's request are Kobo dictionaries which I added inflections by the help of aforementioned json.

Other than that, escapárseles is not in the json file, therefore not in the resulting dicthtml-es-en.zip Only dictionary in my collection that could find escapárseles as an inflected form of escapar was Collins Spanish-English. If you have the Kindle version of Collins you can convert it to the format you need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	collins_es_en_escaparseles.png
Views:	160
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	200181  
nezih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 08:37 AM   #1142
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojofo View Post
Thank you once more Nezih for this contribution. I put this dictionary on my Kobo and unfortunately, it could not analyse ESCAPÁRSELES, simply giving it as a word not in the dictionary. Whereas, of course, ESCAPAR is in the dictionary.

I will try the modified Stardict dictionary that you gave below and test it also.
Well, the modified Stardict dictionary doesn't seem to be able to recognise ESCAPÁRSELES either. I also had some problems installing it — it appeared with a name that was different to what I had called it. Nevertheless it seems to work but not recognize ESCAPÁRSELES as a form derived from ESCAPAR — sad to say!
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2023, 08:40 AM   #1143
nezih
Enthusiast
nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Well, the modified Stardict dictionary doesn't seem to be able to recognise ESCAPÁRSELES either. I also had some problems installing it — it appeared with a name that was different to what I had called it. Nevertheless it seems to work but not recognize ESCAPÁRSELES as a form derived from ESCAPAR — sad to say!
Please check the post above with screenshot, I tried to explain the problem.
Old 03-07-2023, 09:07 AM   #1144
Rojofo
Zealot

Thank you once again, Nezih.

The Stardict es-en dictionary appears with the name "Sesotho" on my list of dictionaries on the screen of the Kobo instead of the name Stardict that I gave it and which it has when I open the list of dictionaries contained in the custom dictionary file of the Kobo on my computer. Sesotho/Stardict does recognise many forms of ESCAPAR but not the complex one of my text:ESCAPÁRSELES.

The Collins dictionary does seem to be fantastic for recognising complex verb forms in Spanish, but I don't have the Kindle version and I would be totally incapable of converting it: my technical ability is, unfortunately, very limited.
Old 03-07-2023, 09:28 AM   #1145
Rojofo
Zealot

Nezih, I wanted to send you a private message but I don't know how to do it — perhaps it's no longer possible on this forum?
Advert
Old 03-07-2023, 09:30 AM   #1146
nezih
Enthusiast

My post count should be above a certain threshold I think.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:25 AM   #1147
Rojofo
Zealot

Smile

Ah, ok. Well, if you can contact me privately, I would appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:28 AM   #1148
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezih View Post
My post count should be above a certain threshold I think.
If you cannot find the setting to enable Private Messages in your user settings then you should be able to make a polite request in this thread for a mod to help you out. But I don't know that this is needed for you, I think you might already have them enabled.

Last edited by isarl; 03-07-2023 at 10:30 AM.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:30 AM   #1149
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Nezih, I wanted to send you a private message but I don't know how to do it — perhaps it's no longer possible on this forum?
If you click on their username next to one of their posts, you should see a drop-down menu, including the option to “Send a private message to (username)”.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:44 AM   #1150
Rojofo
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
If you click on their username next to one of their posts, you should see a drop-down menu, including the option to “Send a private message to (username)”.
Thank you for this advice, Isarl, I tried that but it doesn't work for contacting members who do not have a lot of posts — at least that is what I suppose. When I tried it for this member the menu did not open.
Old 03-07-2023, 11:50 AM   #1151
Rojofo
Zealot

Well apparently it is now possible to send private messages to the person in question! Thanks for your advice!
Old 05-22-2023, 06:58 AM   #1152
galinko
galinko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O ver.1
Hello ! Can someone help me convert a DICT dictionary so that I can use it on the KOBO AURA H2O? or can someone offer me an English Bulgarian dictionary?
galinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 12:53 PM   #1153
onestone2222
onestone2222 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air 2
Hi,

I moved from a kindle device and I really would like to use my french dictionary on it to further improve my french. Could anyone convert it to a stardict format?

Here is the file

Link Removed

Thank you!

Last edited by issybird; 05-22-2023 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Download link to copyrighted publication removed.
onestone2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 06:19 PM   #1154
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Please don't provide uploads of copyrighted works.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 03:09 AM   #1155
galinko
galinko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O ver.1
i have the english bulgarian dictionary file on my computer if anyone can help me convert it for my kobo i would be very grateful.
galinko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries