Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #31
jjose
jjose began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
but the concept of CROP is standard & easy to understand.
I am using a different paid-for pdf to epub app now , purely because it has a user friendly crop option & calibre doesn't. it is much easier to crop a header then to regex it out of existence.

someone else has just posted a link to PDFscissors. which looks to be a freeware pdf cropper designed for removing headers & footers from ebooks.

a crop function built into calibre would be very useful - - not a geeky command line with data input' but a simple page image + drag top & bottom cut off point tool - just like this one in fact:

http://www.pdfscissors.com/
I am totally astonished with the unexpected results

I cropped two different PDF's, using "pdfscissors"
The header and footers were 100% eliminated on the new PDF's saved by PDFSCISSORS

But, when doing the conversion using latest Calibre version, targeted to a MOBI file ( kindle 3), the header and footers ( that do not appear anymore on new PDF files, are showed on the MOBI file. ( exactly equal as when using original PDF's.as input files ????????????????

I suppose I am missing some setup on Calibre, but can find which one/one's

could anybody send a rescue
thanks in advance

jjose

same results if I use "PDFfill pdf editor" for cropping header/footer
jjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #32
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate sub-forum

Most pdf cropping utilities only change the visible page boundaries of the pdf, they don't actually eliminate the text data.

You need to either find a utility which both crops AND deletes hidden text, or you need to use Calibre's search and replace to delete the headers.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert