Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Viewer Opens Wrong Book

I'm running Calibre 3.12 on a Mac with OS 10.12.6. I have Kindle for Mac version 1.21.0. When I try to view an AZW3 that has been created by Calibre, I get the following message from Calibre: Transport_ Death Mission - Phillip P. Peterson.azw3 already exists in /Users/Rhonda/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content.

Until I click OK on the dialogue box for this message, Kindle will not completely open. When I do, Kindle is on a page listing books. I have to select the book I want (It's first in the list) for it to open.

Also I have noticed that when I have to formats for a book, MOBI and AZW3, only the AZW3 has the inserted metadata. Is this normal?

I would appreciate if someone could explain the differences in the Preferences for Sending to Device, Metadata Management. There are Manual, Only on Send, and Automatic selections and I don't think I'm getting the differences.

And I thought there used to be a setting to always send a certain format to device. Now the choice is made at send time. Or am I just mis-remembering?
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Still hoping for an answer, particularly about which formats get the inserted metadata.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you perhaps using the "dual Mobi" format? Calibre is unable to update metadata in a dual Mobi book.

As far as your first issue goes, it sounds as if you've told Calibre to use K4Mac to display the book. Why not use Calibre's internal viewer?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I agree with Harry.
K4PC (and probably MAC) does not like CLI with arguments invocation

Preferences: Behavior: Use internal Viewer (on right)
Put a tick next to the formats Mobi, AZW3
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #5
Habakkuk
Reader
Habakkuk doesn't litterHabakkuk doesn't litterHabakkuk doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
Still hoping for an answer, particularly about which formats get the inserted metadata.
Do you have the two formats in separate entries in Calibre?
Keep all formats together in the same entry and they will share metadata. You should only have one listed entry for each book.
Habakkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert