Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Googleplay books $3 credit on select books $5.01 and up

If you have an account on Googleplay you might want to check to see if you got this promo code. It's a $3 credit on select books $5.01 and up. I don't know if this only applies to a specific list of books or not, haven't tried using it yet.

ETA: I pulled up several titles and got a message 'you can apply your book reward at checkout' So far no title hasn't had this message.

Last edited by wandalynn; 06-25-2017 at 04:19 PM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Yay. No email, but the banner for this offer appeared for me this time around.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #3
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I got it a couple of weeks ago. Seems to work on anything except pre-orders. Apply to your account before June 30th and use by the middle of July. I already used it.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
mfm-ca
Enthusiast
mfm-ca began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Nothing for me. Typical.

Hopefully some of the authors I am interested in will have their books on sale during Smashword's July 1-31 promotion.
mfm-ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:59 PM   #5
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
I got one a couple weeks ago in my email, and this banner was on the Google Books website for me. This was probably the 5th or 6th coupon I got for Google Books this year (yipee!). Thanks!
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2017, 05:27 PM   #6
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I received the $3 offer also. This is my 4th offer since December.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:35 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Yay. No email, but the banner for this offer appeared for me this time around.
Any suggestions for books? I can't find anything in my price range.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:46 PM   #8
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Sent from my XT1528
I'm avoiding self-published/backlist only publishers* after the fiasco with my last coupon there (no download option for the book and then I was out the $5 off coupon as they couldn't issue me a replacement). 99% of the books on my wishlist there are either under $5 or not yet released (and the coupon doesn't work on preorders).

I bought Meljean Brook's The Iron Duke. I have the last book in the Iron Seas series and most of the novellas already, but still need most of the full length books in the series. And I had enough credit to cover the difference.

So I would suggest something agency priced. I didn't see any books priced at $5. But there were some at $5.99 from Grand Central/Forever. Most of the Penguin Random House imprints are $7.99 or more.

Searching by publisher doesn't really work at Google Play and their sorting is horrid. So basically I searched by authors (I also keep my wishlist in Word so that gave me a few ideas). But in future I'll probably just search at Amazon or Kobo and then put the specific title in at Play to see if they have it. Seriously the search function at their book store is so terrible.

* (ETA) the book I had the issues with was from Bell Bridge Books. Google pulled the title for a while, but I just looked and it's back.

Last edited by library addict; 06-26-2017 at 07:42 PM. Reason: add info
Old 06-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #9
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Sent from my XT1528
I bought a romance, Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale. I think it was $6.99 before the coupon.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #10
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Searching by publisher doesn't really work at Google Play and their sorting is horrid. So basically I searched by authors (I also keep my wishlist in Word so that gave me a few ideas). But in future I'll probably just search at Amazon or Kobo and then put the specific title in at Play to see if they have it. Seriously the search function at their book store is so terrible.
Find what you want on Amazon then search by title and author at google play. It's what I do for B&N and Kobo also.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:37 PM   #11
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I had an issue as well finding something priced high enough for one of my accounts. For the other, I went with Revenge by Lexi Blake since it's not discountable at Kobo and is the third of the trilogy. Was excited to get $3 off the $7.99 price since I wouldn't get a discount anywhere else.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:48 PM   #12
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Find what you want on Amazon then search by title and author at google play. It's what I do for B&N and Kobo also.
I actually find Kobo easier to search sometimes as when you search by author at Amazon a lot of different authors come up.

I added a few books to my wishlist at Google. So hopefully if they give any more coupons in the future I won't have to look so hard. I really wish you could use the coupon on a less than $5 book and they could keep the difference.

My Google Play credit from the surveys app is about wiped out again. The surveys have been few and far between for a year or so now. But if I am going to pay out of pocket for an agency priced book, I usually would rather do so at Kobo and get the VIP points. It just so happened there weren't any new releases before the expiration date I was interested in.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:26 AM   #13
mfm-ca
Enthusiast
mfm-ca began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
But if I am going to pay out of pocket for an agency priced book, I usually would rather do so at Kobo and get the VIP points.
If the price is the same, Kobo (or Smashwords, if available) are far better options than Google Play. Even if Google Play is cheaper, they tend to manipulate retail eBooks before listing them on their site. For DRM eBooks, all sites "touch" the eBooks in the metadata, but only Google Play (AFAIK) will actually alter the eBook images and sometimes the text and its formatting.
mfm-ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #14
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
A suggestion do a search on your author with the term book bundle, I had decided on a Louis L'Amour back list western that I have never read and found it in a two book bundle--with book I had no ebook copy--for the same price

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #15
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
The $3 credit just popped up for me in Google Play. It says redeem by September 30th and valid until October 12th. I know I've gotten others before, but I don't remember which ones.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote