Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-01-2019, 12:54 AM   #1
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yet another "thanks" thread.

I know this doesn't exactly foster discussion, but I just wanted to say thanks again.

KOReader has improved so much in the past year or so. This software is incredibly useful to me on a day-to-day basis and while studying. It has massively improved the functionality of eReaders for me and my friends/family. Especially recently with the Forma changes and the gesture manager. For many use cases Nickel is not even remotely as usable as KOReader.

Also, features get implemented very quickly lately. It has been more than once that I've submitted a bug report, then checked it not more than 2 days later to be greeted with an extensive discussion thread and a commit at the end.

So yeah, to anyone involved, thanks for all your work.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:47 PM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
For many use cases Nickel is not even remotely as usable as KOReader.
Nickel is better only if you want to buy books from Kobo directly. In all other use cases, koreader is much better in my opinion.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:37 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I don't recall if I've tried it, but Nickel's Pocket integration could be nice (if you happen to use Pocket).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Yes pocket is fine with nickel.
I read both with KOReader and Nickel, I like double touch enlargement of imagines in nickel with Kepub (while KOReaer can show them in full-width) but I don't like the lack of ligatures, a feature that KOReader has.
If The book has only text, no notes or imagines, I can save it in in my Kobo in epub and there are no great differences between the two reading experiences.
And Koreader is definitely better with pdf.
I like to have choices, this is the reason why I patched my Kobo and installed KOReader.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:12 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Have you tried a "long press" on images in KOReader? Try rotating the result if it doesn't fill the screen.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #6
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Thank You I didn't know. It works.

Last edited by ps67; 03-04-2019 at 02:09 PM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote