Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
rader5
rader5 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
personal non-drm mobi -> ipad KINDLE APP

I happen to like the kindle app (in particular its note feature). Is there a way to import a mobi (or any file really) that I own to the kindle app ON THE IPAD so that I can read it using the kindle ipad app?

Thanks
j
rader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Not that I'm aware of. Don't think there's a way with the Kindle PC app either,at least not that I've been able to figure out.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rader5 View Post
I happen to like the kindle app (in particular its note feature). Is there a way to import a mobi (or any file really) that I own to the kindle app ON THE IPAD so that I can read it using the kindle ipad app?
Can't you email it to your Kindle account, and then download it from there through the Kindle for iPad app?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
AMacD
Al
AMacD doesn't litterAMacD doesn't litter

Location: Bardstown, KY as home base, but RV following the seasons.
Device: Kindle1 and Kindle2 and Palm T|X
Navigate to your book on your hard drive. Right or Ctrl click, choose "open with", select the Kindle for Mac and it opens in the app, plus ends up on your home page. I tested this with a PRC file but it should work also with a Mobi file.
AMacD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I was able to get the Kindle for Mac to open up a mobi book but it doesn't sync with the iPad app.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #6
thadiyan
Enthusiast
thadiyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Touch
Most likely once a jailbreak is released and done, you should be able to drop books into your ipad and use the Kindle App to read it. Your best bet at this point is to convert it to epub and use iBook to read it.
thadiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiyan View Post
Most likely once a jailbreak is released and done, you should be able to drop books into your ipad and use the Kindle App to read it. Your best bet at this point is to convert it to epub and use iBook to read it.
Or Amazon can issue an update to their app to support file sharing with the desktop. There are already a few apps (the iWork apps, and one or two of the comic readers) that support this. There shouldn't be a need to jailbreak the device just to copy files, but the app has to do a little bit of work to support it.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if this feature makes it to the iPhone as well.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
timoco
timoco began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
just use the app called Calibre, it will send to any device.
timoco is offline   Reply With Quote