Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #2416
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

2017-09-06
- adapter_literotica: Build the chapter a little better especially if there is mutiple pages (#225) - Thanks, davidfor
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:17 PM   #2417
MrGarrison
MrGarrison began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
Since some recent work on Literotica, their series functionality is busted. Is there any way to force FFF to combine multiple URLs into one epub as if it were functioning properly?
MrGarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:44 PM   #2418
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGarrison View Post
Since some recent work on Literotica, their series functionality is busted. Is there any way to force FFF to combine multiple URLs into one epub as if it were functioning properly?
The anthology feature lets you give FFF a list of story URLs that will be downloaded and packaged together.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #2419
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I haven't seen any problems while makes some changes to the Literotica adapter. And I tested the final changes last night on at least one multiple chapter book. Try the test version that has just been posted to see if they are still broken. If you are still seeing problems, PM me the URLs for some stories and I'll test them to see what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:17 PM   #2420
MrGarrison

The issue I'm having, and I should've explained this before, is as follows:

Prior to the backend changes, stories posted as a series were combined like so

This Is An Example: 3 Part Series
* This Is An Example Ch. 1
* This Is An Example Ch. 2
* This Is An Example Ch. 3

Anything added after the backend work doesn't get included under the series header and FFF - in my experience - doesn't recognize the new part, thus not updating the existing epub.

This Is An Example Ch. 4

The guy who works on the site says it'll be fixed "soon" but I'm not the patient sort, which is why I'm looking for a way to make this work.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:04 AM   #2421
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
The issue I'm having, and I should've explained this before, is as follows:

Prior to the backend changes, stories posted as a series were combined like so

Anything added after the backend work doesn't get included under the series header and FFF - in my experience - doesn't recognize the new part, thus not updating the existing epub.

This Is An Example Ch. 4

The guy who works on the site says it'll be fixed "soon" but I'm not the patient sort, which is why I'm looking for a way to make this work.
OK, I have seen that occasionally on the site over the years. I hadn't noticed that it got worse recently. For that, I don't think the anthology would work well. I'll have a think and see how hard it would be to pick these up. Could you PM me some examples so I don't have to go hunting?

Is there a discussion on this in the Literotica forums? I'd like to see what they say they are doing before spending to much time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:47 AM   #2422
MrGarrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Is there a discussion on this in the Literotica forums? I'd like to see what they say they are doing before spending to much time.
One thread where someone reported it and Manu, the fellow who did the recent backend work, thanked the poster for the bug report. I haven't seen anything else.

Also, PM sent. Thanks for the assistance!
Old 09-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #2423
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-09-07
- base_xenforo: Couple small fixes for corner cases. -- Except one of them isn't, I think it would be pretty common; namely a notice being using as first chapter.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #2424
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2017-09-11
- Fixes for QQ and AH changes.
- base_xenforo: Fix for extended chars in threadmark chapter names.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #2425
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I tried to download two spacebattles fanfics:
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...#post-14513760
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...ssover.277863/

#1 has threadmarks, but unfortunately also has back/forward links which somehow threw this plugin off.
#2 has no threadmarks, and actually indexed just fine off the first page, but ignored the first post which does not link to itself.

I think #1 happens because it somehow triggered "this has no threadmarks, so treat it as an index page" mode, which probably shouldn't happen with a threadmarked post. (I was lazy and copied my current reading position from the address bar into FanFicFare rather than clicking around to the link to the first page.)

#2 I assume is because authors commonly use(d) the first post as an introduction and index, is there some better way of handling this even if it is on the user end? Interestingly I got a very interesting replacement for the first chapter, I'm not at all sure what is up with that.

The resulting EPUBs are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: epub A Cloudy Path - LacksCreativity.epub (94.8 KB, 143 views)
File Type: epub Wail of the Banshee - Blackhole1.epub (281.5 KB, 150 views)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #2426
GloverEggs
GloverEggs began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
AO3 Won't Upload Some Stories

I have a question. I am trying to add some stories to Calibre from AO3. Some stories load just fine while others constantly throw errors.

I have plugin version 2.16.0.

I have personal.ini setup as
[archiveofourown.org]
username:xxxxx
password:xxxxx
always_login:true
is_adult:true

I have tried with and without the always_login and with it as false. Nothing changed.

I have reinstalled the plug in. I have installed the 64bit Calibre instead of the 32bit which I was running to see if that would change. Didn't make any difference and the debug log was almost exactly the same.

Here are 3 stories that will not upload in Calibre using FanFicFare.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/11841210
https://archiveofourown.org/works/11894979
https://archiveofourown.org/works/11904444

Any guidance about what I am doing wrong is greatly appreciated. It is just weird that one item will load fine when the next won't. Stories with the same ratings load. I can't identify a difference in the items that will load vs those that won't.

I have attached a debug log from one of the failures.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre Debug log.txt (6.5 KB, 144 views)
GloverEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:55 AM   #2427
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I've tried the first link and it downloads just fine.

Can I collect metadata from a txt-file?

It's set-up like this:

Code:
The Stinson Legacy

by 1angelette

Category: How I Met Your Mother
Genre: Drama, Romance
Language: English
Published: 2009-05-27
Updated: 2009-05-27
Packaged: 2013-08-26 16:47:12
Rating: T
Chapters: 6
Words: 7,980
Publisher: www.fanfiction.net
Story URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5091239/1/
Author URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1207555/1angelette
Summary: AU, stops compliance at 4x01. Robin accepts the job Barney offered her, moves to England, and isn't seen for five years. When she comes back, she has to introduce Barney to a boy she wishes hadn't inherited his father's - wait for it - speech patterns.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:36 AM   #2428
sun_reads
sun_reads began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei S8-701w
Hi,

I'm also having trouble downloading from AO3.

Story: https://archiveofourown.org/series/335026

personal.ini:
[archiveofourown.org]
username:XXXXXXXX
password:XXXXXXXX
is_adult:true
collect_series:true

All other settings are stock. Tried with latest version, latest test version.

The series above does not require login. I was able to update the anthology after removing the login credentials from the personal.ini. This might help you, @GloverEggs, to update/download your stories.

Here's the debug:
calibre, version 3.7.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>FailedToLogin</b>:Failed to Login for URL: (https://archiveofourown.org/series/335026) with username: (XXXXXXXX)

calibre 3.7 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 3, 3) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && FanFicFare (2, 16, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 810, in update_anthology
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 568, in get_urls_from_page
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.getu rls", line 61, in get_urls_from_page
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adap ters.adapter_archiveofourownorg", line 122, in performLogin
FailedToLogin: Failed to Login for URL: (https://archiveofourown.org/series/335026) with username: (XXXXXXXX)
sun_reads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #2429
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I tried to download two spacebattles fanfics:
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...#post-14513760

#1 has threadmarks, but unfortunately also has back/forward links which somehow threw this plugin off.

I think #1 happens because it somehow triggered "this has no threadmarks, so treat it as an index page" mode, which probably shouldn't happen with a threadmarked post. (I was lazy and copied my current reading position from the address bar into FanFicFare rather than clicking around to the link to the first page.)
Functioning as designed.

FFF assumes that you gave it a post link (instead of a threadlink) on purpose, so it's treating that post as an index post. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to tell when you want to intentionally ignore the threadmarks in favor of an index post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...ssover.277863/

#2 has no threadmarks, and actually indexed just fine off the first page, but ignored the first post which does not link to itself.

#2 I assume is because authors commonly use(d) the first post as an introduction and index, is there some better way of handling this even if it is on the user end? Interestingly I got a very interesting replacement for the first chapter, I'm not at all sure what is up with that.
You are seeing two separate issues here.

First, the content of the first chapter is wrong because of a site change. Pickup the most recent test version to correct it and get the content of the first post.

Second, the first chapter is named 'First Post' because that's the default configuration.

When running in index-post mode, the index post given (or first post of a thread w/o threadmarks) will be included as the first chapter. You can change the title of that first chapter with the first_post_title setting in a story-specific ini section using the story URL. Eg:

Code:
[https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wail-of-the-banshee-worm-warframe-crossover.277863/]
first_post_title:[1.1]
Note that due to changes requested by Xon of SB/SV, FanFicFare now uses the full thread URL now. Sections [https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...sover.277863/] and [https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/277863/] in the ini are both recognized and used.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:04 PM   #2430
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloverEggs View Post
I have a question. I am trying to add some stories to Calibre from AO3. Some stories load just fine while others constantly throw errors.
I'm able to download those fine.

Looking at the debug log (thanks for that, BTW), I see you're getting IncompleteRead errors.

I would suspect that either the AO3 servers were having problems at the time (unlikely--they handle a lot of traffic and do a good job of it), or something on your computer is interfering. We've seen problems before with software firewalls causing that error. So I think that's probably most likely.

Tags
fanfiction