Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2020, 08:32 PM   #16
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
if its the Sony T2 I think it only takes up to 32Gb micro SD cards (??)
I used a 32Gb card ok
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:34 PM   #17
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Hmm. I wonder if the T1 has that limitation as well. I'm trying to flash a recovery set to it and it just won't read it even though the SD card does show up when I have it in a different reader.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2020, 06:37 AM   #18
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Limitations in card sizes given in the manuals or on the web usually refer to the maximum size of the card tested, which is the default at the time of testing.
It means that exemplia gratia in 2015 the maximum sd card size was 32GB, thus nobody could test the Sonies with 64 or 128 or 200 or any other sizes available NOW (2020).

The technology dis not change since SDXD so it may be compatible.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:22 AM   #19
Alex_Go
Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Pocketbook Color, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
if its the Sony T2 I think it only takes up to 32Gb micro SD cards (??)
I used a 32Gb card ok
T2 specs say SD Card up to 32 GB. I tried putting a 128GB once (momentarily forgot size of card/limitation of device) and it didn't work. I don't know if a smaller card might work, but i'm inclined to think the T2 takes only cards up to 32gb.

FWIW, newer readers also often limit SD cards to 32 GB (eg. Pocketbooks), when they still have that option anyhow...
Alex_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:56 PM   #20
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
You guys have convinced me. I'm going to pick up a 32GB and see if that lets me recover my bricked reader.
Btw, you can also check out Sony's compatibility information on SD Cards.
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup.../W0008188M.pdf

Edit: I did try a 32GB card and still no luck debricking. I really messed that poor reader up. I wish I had another plan.

Last edited by DoctorM; 08-31-2020 at 02:00 AM.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert