Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #1
Xavier5466
Xavier5466 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Novice User Internet Archive

Hello all.

Hoping someone here might assist me. I have a Kindle Fire, therefore tied largely to Amazon.

OverDrive is great as I can tie my device to Local and NYC Library System.

Tried branching out to Open Library of Internet Archive. OverDrive makes it possible to view and hear content on Kindle Fire.

However, would like to get optimum use of Open Library and Internet Archive material by converting to MOBI and sending/downloading on Kindle Fire.

I did an online search in order to figure out how to get free books from internet sources such as Open Library and Internet Archive on my Kindle. Stumbled upon a PC Magazine article entitled "How to Put Free Ebooks on your Amazon Kindle". This 2015, article pointed me to Calibre.

I installed Calibre on Windows device (Surface Pro), not the Kindle. Using Calibre, I found a book I already borrowed from Internet Archive previously. Tried getting to it through Calibre but only downloaded a book telling me to Login to Internet Archive.

This is where a dead end Calibre-wise. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Xavier5466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Loaned books on the Open Library are encrypted with Adobe Digital Editions. Talking about how to remove the DRM on library books isn't allowed on this forum.

As the OL uses scanned copies, I'd suggest using the PDF version if you're able to. The ePub versions are oftentimes riddled with typos and errors because of the OCR.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-05-2018 at 07:36 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert