Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-12-2020, 07:43 PM   #1
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Generating a TOC, Sigil removes spaces from titles

Hello,

I haven't seen this before. Trying to generate a TOC from headers, Sigil is removing spaces in the titles after commas and periods. This particular TOC, a reference work, will have almost 4000 TOC entries, which I'm not sure if such is too much. Maybe that's part of if; if such is allowed – I don't see anything in the spec –, it's preferred.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:58 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Are you sure they are not multiple spaces reduced to a single space. Are these headings crossing more than one line? The only whitespace actually removed when creating the TOC is either leading or trailing.

Please provide an exact snippet of code that shows the heading tag and what the TOC actually shows for that heading tag and what you think it should show.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:03 PM   #3
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Ah now I understand. Copying and pasting one of the generated TOC titles, it is correct. It is that I am using the beta of macOS Big Sur, and the font used in the TOC dialog makes it look like the spaces are gone.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote