Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-25-2022, 12:55 PM   #1
Doctor13
Cosa Nostra Grammatica
Doctor13 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Android CC-only data - transfer method?

Not a problem, per se, but I'm wondering if there's any way to retain the CC-only data (the data that doesn't sync back to Calibre, like read date and read status) when switching to a new Android device. Is there a file with this data that could be manually transferred to the new device once CC and the library have been loaded there? It would be nice not to either lose that info, or spend hours manually entering it book by book from the old device to the new.
Doctor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 02:03 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor13 View Post
Not a problem, per se, but I'm wondering if there's any way to retain the CC-only data (the data that doesn't sync back to Calibre, like read date and read status) when switching to a new Android device. Is there a file with this data that could be manually transferred to the new device once CC and the library have been loaded there? It would be nice not to either lose that info, or spend hours manually entering it book by book from the old device to the new.
Back up the CC database on the source machine then restore it on the destination (Settings -> Backup and Restore). On the destination machine modify any paths (Settings -> Formats and folders) to be suitable. At this point you will have all your book data but no actual books. Resend your library or copy it from the source machine.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
database, read status, sync info