Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 11:02 PM   #1
rmarhi
rmarhi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra
recovering annotations from damaged Aura

My Kobo Aura has a crack in the screen (from a blow) and is unusable. The screen seemed to sort of work, briefly, but has now frozen with streaks/"tears" as well as remnants of the home screen. The only response I now get is the flashing orange LED when sliding the power switch.

Going through the forum led me to disassemble the device believing I would be able to remove the physical storage and recover the sqlite db. I am now fairly certain, however, this approach is not easy if even possible with the Aura.

I am keenly interested in salvaging a raft of recent annotations that I wasn't able to backup.
rmarhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Aura doesn't have an internal SD card. So getting anything from a device that isn't running is probably impossible. But, the cracked screen doesn't mean the device isn't running. It is likely the device is booting. If so, if you connect it to a PC, then you should be able to work out where the "Connect" button is on the screen and tap it. If that works, you should be able to copy the database and anything else you want from the device
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
rmarhi

I saw that thread and have tried numerous times to tap the area where the [connect] button should be but no luck. I can't even be certain if or when the device is powered on or off.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
rmarhi

I was able to connect to the device and copy the files. It turns out the device needed someone else's touch...

Tags
aura 6", database, frozen screen, recover, sqlite