Notices

Old 05-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
Bookeen Cybook Muse actual issues

New software update available:

Version 6.3 boot[6] rootfs[11] (build 2350)
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:07 AM   #2
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
Despite being connected and able to access their shop and Google, pressing "check for updates" achieves nothing. Were you successful?
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2015, 06:31 AM   #3
Zilov
Enthusiast

I think Bookeen makes software update available not the same date for all but according to s/n or region.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:23 AM   #4
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks for reply.
One might wish for a message in response to the incessant pounding on the check.
Regionally challenged. Is their roll-out really so massive?

Cheers.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
No update either. And no message on the blog or facebook about it.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2015, 08:55 AM   #6
Zilov
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtin View Post
Regionally challenged. Is their roll-out really so massive?
I don't know their reasons.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:15 AM   #7
mahtin
google this

One week later - check for update - no response.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:13 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure.
The only time they make updates dependant on serial number, was for the beta test.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:44 AM   #9
mahtin
google this

Still on build 2326.
Since I have huge problems connecting, thought I'd ask if anyone has the new build - save me wasting time.

Or if it can be sideloaded to PC?
No, thought not, customer relations not a strong point here.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:14 AM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard

I'll check on my Muse, but as far as I know, no update was released.
Did anyone asked bookeen about that?

And I have to disagree with your statement about bookeen's customer relation.

What's the problem with your muse ? wi-fi ? Why do you want an update that badly ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 05-22-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:04 PM   #11
mahtin
google this

Have to admit to being confused here, as the OP seems to state that build 2350 was available.

I have huge problems trying to connect to any wifi router, and I have tried several and reported it to Bookeen. They asked for my serial number and I provided it. Long silence.
Then they ask if they can close the ticket. Joke? Glad for you that your experience was better. And I can speak enough French to ask, Vous vous foutez de moi?

I want an update that badly because frequently when I use the button for page turning the device forgets its place and drops back about 100 pages. I find it unacceptable to sell a device that manifestly has not been properly tested. And the last firmware update was supposed to have resolved button problems. Page turning buttons was the main reason I bought it.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard

I think my muse did that once or twice since i have it. Usually after some long presses. But it never was frequent enough to be an annoyance.

Wifi, i don't remember anyone mentioning something about that. (unlike the page turn issue).
Re open the ticket about that. Or create a new one, whatever's relevant.

True about the op mentioning a 2350, but i don't know where the hell it comes from. (No news about update on bookeen's blog or facebook)
Old 05-22-2015, 11:11 PM   #13
mahtin
google this

Thanks, will avoid long presses.

Wifi, maybe France uses a different channel from SE Asia. Will look into it, and how to reset the device if possible.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:05 AM   #14
EowynCarter
Wizard

That's an interesting point. Maybe you should change the Wi-Fi chanel on your router. Is there a lot of Wi-Fi nearby?
Old 05-23-2015, 07:34 AM   #15
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
@WIFI-problem:
I don't know if this is common knowledge:
Bookeen devices have problems connecting to WIFI access points, if there is an uncommon sign in the name of the access points (for instance a space: " name" doesn't work "name" does work). I spent a lot of time finding this out with my device.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote