Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 04:58 AM   #4246
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
Is there a way to find the titles on sale on Audible?
It's the treat yourself sale. Hundreds of titles from $4.95, Buy 4 sale titles and get a $5 coupon. Coupon offer ends 21st Nov, Sale ends 26th Nov
https://www.audible.com/ep/TYS2018
Your coupon will arrive on or about 11/30/2018.
The coupon will expire 30 days after being added to your account

It seems like the coupon is only available if you are a member however the discounted prices are available even if you are not a member. If a non member could check that our and post back it would be appreciated.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:32 AM   #4247
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
^ Thanks! One coupon per account. Hopefully someone bumps this around 11/30/18 to remind us to make sure Audible follows through and send the $5 coupon.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:43 AM   #4248
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep well I've already purchased 5 books so hopefully there will be something good to spend the coupon on when it arrives
Old 11-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #4249
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
It's the treat yourself sale. Hundreds of titles from $4.95, Buy 4 sale titles and get a $5 coupon. Coupon offer ends 21st Nov, Sale ends 26th Nov

It seems like the coupon is only available if you are a member however the discounted prices are available even if you are not a member. If a non member could check that our and post back it would be appreciated.
Thanks. Not sure about the coupon but the sale is open to non-members (for once).
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:31 AM   #4250
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'm a 'lite' member so that's probably why I didn't get the notice. If I buy 4 titles I'll keep an eye out to see if I get the coupon.

ETA: I swear that sale heading was not on the site when I looked yesterday.

Last edited by wandalynn; 11-18-2018 at 10:39 AM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #4251
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Daily Deals -- exp 18 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT

KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #4252
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:

Huh. I have mixed feelings about this. For once in an Audible sale I can find books I wouldn't mind buying, even four of them, and I already have nearly $15 in coupon credit. So, since I want $6.95 books (of course), I could spend $13 and get back a $5 credit which would have to be used in 30 days or I could pick just two and essentially cash out my credit and have done without having to spend more money now and more money again in 30 days to use the new credit, since $5 won't get me anything I want.

I'm thinking the fiscally conservative option is the way to go. I feel as if Audible's game is a constant stream of cash with the lure of coupons and once you're in, it's hard to stop; you just keep rolling over coupon credit with additional cash infusions.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #4253
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Huh. I have mixed feelings about this. For once in an Audible sale I can find books I wouldn't mind buying, even four of them, and I already have nearly $15 in coupon credit. So, since I want $6.95 books (of course), I could spend $13 and get back a $5 credit which would have to be used in 30 days or I could pick just two and essentially cash out my credit and have done without having to spend more money now and more money again in 30 days to use the new credit, since $5 won't get me anything I want.

I'm thinking the fiscally conservative option is the way to go. I feel as if Audible's game is a constant stream of cash with the lure of coupons and once you're in, it's hard to stop; you just keep rolling over coupon credit with additional cash infusions.

Well said Issy, glad to know others feel like this. I am very close to giving up on Audible and just borrowing the audiobook I want from the library. Cheaper yes and no carrot dangling to keep luring me in.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #4254
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Last Day -- Planet Fitness Promo -- exp 18 Nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Sorry if this was posted and I missed it...

2 Book free trial + $10 Amazon GC
https://www.audible.com/ep/planet?so...R1800606180001
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:11 PM   #4255
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Well said Issy, glad to know others feel like this. I am very close to giving up on Audible and just borrowing the audiobook I want from the library. Cheaper yes and no carrot dangling to keep luring me in.
monkey only does Audible when the books cost free to $3.

monkey is NOT Audible's target audience. monkey don't care
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #4256
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
. I feel as if Audible's game is a constant stream of cash with the lure of coupons and once you're in, it's hard to stop; you just keep rolling over coupon credit with additional cash infusions.
I'm guessing since this sale is good for non-members too the $5 credit is bait to keep buying and maybe get a membership? Otherwise, I can see little reason a full member would be interested since they can shop with credits. As a lite member I'd be tempted IF I could still get the daily deals. That said, there are 3 titles I want to buy and since (1) I'm not sure I'd even get the $5 coupon, and (2) I can't spend it on the discounted daily deal titles even if I did, I'm sticking to 3.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #4257
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I can't find even one book in the sale that I want, let alone four!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #4258
melmac
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I can't find even one book in the sale that I want, let alone four!
I felt like a shopping spree so sale timing was good, I picked up

The Girl in the Ice, Robert Bryndza
Crimson Lake, Candice Fox
The Force, Don Winslow
How It Happened, Michael Koryta
The Cuban Affair, Nelson DeMille
Old 11-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #4259
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I finally worked up the courage to cancel my connections with Audible completely (I had the "Inactive Listener" membership). It had gotten to where there was so little benefit to it, compared to any possible gain.

I still had about half a year on the membership. But I couldn't readily find out if I was being billed automatically, and I didn't want the monkey (no offense, tubemonkey ) on my back of keeping track of when that would be.

Goodbye, Audible.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-18-2018 at 09:25 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #4260
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 19 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT